Motorola ICS timeline has been updated

CurGeorge8

Reaction score
The official timeline for ICS rollout has been updated. You can see the whole thing here

https://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c

droid-ics-upgrades.jpg

huskur

Reaction score
Good find. I had "someone" tell me that the RAZR/MAXX would be getting the update of android 4.0 beginning either the 21st or 23rd of May. We will see but this does make me think they were being truthful

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Early 3rd quarter probably means the first week of September. I would be on ics now if cm9, axiom, and ics4bionic didn't make the backlight on my menu, home, search, and back keys stay on. Oh well, it will be out soon enough.

jayman350

Reaction score
Its still only in phase 2, and ICS has been available for about 6 months or so. This means that VZW will be getting it in Q3... which means that maybe by this time next year we will actually see it rolling out to devices.

I am taking this information with a handful of salt, cause a grain isn't nearly enough for the BS that Moto and VZW throw out there.

Zregnier

Reaction score
Completely worthless because we will have multiple bug-free ICS ROMS by then, all of which will undoubtedly be better than Moto's Blur skin over ICS.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
This sounds about right. They were on the evaluation & planning phase in Q1 and now on development phase with rollout for Q2. So far moto has been pretty reliable with this chart. Maybe we will see ICS by end of June.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

striker85

Reaction score
Man. So many complaints when people are finally getting what they've *****ing about...a timeline! Can't please 'em all, I guess.

welsalex

Reaction score
Well this is "something" still upsetting how bionic is q3 and razr q2.

Funny how they threw in the word "early" infront of q3. Thats the bone we got thrown.

Sent from my Droid BIONIC via DroidForums

nobreak1970

Reaction score
I'm just glad they bumped it into development. :) I did this waiting game with Moto and Tmobile and the CliqXT for an official eclair upgrade way back when. People were chomping at the bit for it....soak test went out and boom, they cancelled it said it ultimately wasn't compatible with the hardware.
I have faith they won't do that with our little Bionic.

Tums

Reaction score
Well there have been several people on here who have constantly stated that it would be released during the Q3 so this timeline just seems to confirm that at the moment. Im happy with my phone right now so I am more than happy to wait for it but once we get it it'll def be exciting.

Reaction score
What an effing joke! I'm better off buying a new phone with an unlocked bootloader and ICS already installed. (Yeah, that means non-Moto device.)

welsalex

Reaction score
Its rather funny how this thread isn't receiving much response since us bionic owners have been beaten down into submission concerning updates and waiting. Its like "oh updated timeline....whatever"

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its rather funny how this thread isn't receiving much response since us bionic owners have been beaten down into submission concerning updates and waiting. Its like "oh updated timeline....whatever"

The way I look at it; have it arrive now and have nearly 1-1/2 years of nothing coming or have it arrive later and have something to look forward to. When the OG Droid came out in November 2009, it didn't get Froyo until August 2010. My phone works fine now and I don't plan to root it. I can wait.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score

Bionic has seen plenty of updates, and for many users they have been a significant improvement.

Only Verizon phone that has ICS right now is the GNex, and it hasn't seen an update since it launched - 4.0.2 is essentially outdated.

Go over to the RAZR forum, and you will see they have the same complaints as we do.

In the time that it has been out, i'd say that the number of updates the Bionic has received is about average for a Motorola device.