[Official] Liberty ROM [Bionic] Discussion Thread

wooddale

Reaction score
I need help. Tried to use the Liberty rom coming from a Th3ory Blurr3ed rom and now my phone gets stuck on the screen where the Android dude is. I have tried to SBF back to stock using RSD lite and the latest Recovery file but the flash fails. Any suggestions???

If you got the android dude try fastboot vol up dwn power buttons then flash backup

OP
DF Smod

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not sure for how long, but Liberty Test Build 2.0 is up at AndIRC #bionic right now

marleyinoc

Reaction score
I'm running Liberty3 2.0Test5...they change it to ROOT BROWSER..

I believe you mean file manager... he's asking about data mgr like one moto added that can turn off radios.. hot on trail of possible data drop fix :) --may well end up being something like that too

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Stories

Reaction score
After using Liberty3 v1.0 for a few weeks now, I can honestly say that the ROM has brought significant battery improvements to the table (still have to use Juice Defender). I can go a full work day now (off the wall at 7:30am and don't plug in until 11:30pm).

wooddale

Reaction score
After using Liberty3 v1.0 for a few weeks now, I can honestly say that the ROM has brought significant battery improvements to the table (still have to use Juice Defender). I can go a full work day now (off the wall at 7:30am and don't plug in until 11:30pm).

Juice defender does work if you dont mind not getting any data while it is on it would drive me crazy it did I was forever cking it.

RockstarMentality

Reaction score
Okay, so I tried to install Liberty on my Bionic and made the mistake of not formatting my phone first. Now, I get stuck on the Liberty startup screen. I've tried re-installing it, flashing it, and now it's not even letting me boot into recovery. What should I do???

Last edited:

foamman

Reaction score
I need help. Tried to use the Liberty rom coming from a Th3ory Blurr3ed rom and now my phone gets stuck on the screen where the Android dude is. I have tried to SBF back to stock using RSD lite and the latest Recovery file but the flash fails. Any suggestions???

Step by Step
Download and Unzip onto your Computer R3L3AS3DRoot and 43V3R root for the BIONIC v2.1
Power Down Phone (Battery Pull if Boot Looping)
Enter Fastboot Mode by Holding the Power Button and Volume Down
Open [FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]R3L3AS3DRoot.bat[/FONT]
Plug phone into computer
Read the instructions thoroughly...Option 1 will restore and root your phone.

Good Luck!

foamman

Reaction score
Okay, so I tried to install Liberty on my Bionic and made the mistake of not formatting my phone first. Now, I get stuck on the Liberty startup screen. I've tried re-installing it, flashing it, and now it's not even letting me boot into recovery. What should I do???

Same directions for you...

Step by Step
Download and Unzip onto your Computer R3L3AS3DRoot and 43V3R root for the BIONIC v2.1Power Down Phone (Battery Pull if Boot Looping)
Open R3L3AS3DRoot.bat
Plug phone into computer

Good Luck!

wooddale

Reaction score
Same directions for you...

Step by Step
Download and Unzip onto your ComputerR3L3AS3DRoot and 43V3R root for the BIONIC v2.1Power Down Phone (Battery Pull if Boot Looping)
Open R3L3AS3DRoot.bat
Plug phone into computer

Good Luck!

I never put my phone in fast boot but I never had boot loop just did it to get back to stock

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
I have 2 issues with this rom, maybe someone can help:

1) I keep getting an update available pop-up, says "a software update is available on your sd card, version 5.5.893" Ive been hitting cancel, am I suppose to apply this? I thought 5.7.893 was the lastest?

2) My gmail IMAP functionality doesnt seem to work anymore. When I read or delete emails from phone they are still in my inbox on my computer. Never had this happen with the stock rom or theory rom

wooddale

Reaction score
I have 2 issues with this rom, maybe someone can help:

1) I keep getting an update available pop-up, says "a software update is available on your sd card, version 5.5.893" Ive been hitting cancel, am I suppose to apply this? I thought 5.7.893 was the lastest?

2) My gmail IMAP functionality doesnt seem to work anymore. When I read or delete emails from phone they are still in my inbox on my computer. Never had this happen with the stock rom or theory rom

Dude I would stay away from that update the unoffical update is 5.8.894 5.5.893 was the first to come out if you take that update it will change your kernel and radio and may make you loose root. And if its not the same kernel as the real OTA you wont be able to get it unless you do a fastboot not worth the hassal

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
I've been hitting cancel, not applying the update. I just deleted the zip update from me card. Maybe that will resolve that.

My version is 5.5.886. If 5.8.894 is the latest 1) why isn't it incorporated into this rom 2) how would I go about applying that to this rom?

wooddale

Reaction score
I've been hitting cancel, not applying the update. I just deleted the zip update from me card. Maybe that will resolve that.

My version is 5.5.886. If 5.8.894 is the latest 1) why isn't it incorporated into this rom 2) how would I go about applying that to this rom?

It isnt incorporated in the rom the rom is only using the base 893.you arent changing the kernel or the radio. So you will be ok long as it still says 5.5.886