[Official] Liberty ROM [Bionic] Discussion Thread

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
I'd downloaded and applies it before I was rooted. Didn't realize it would still see it as an update after I'd installed a rom

Any ideas about my Gmail? If I open it on phone still shows as new on my computer. If I delete on phone its still in inbox on computer

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

FyrJammer

Reaction score
The L3 2.0 is pretty damn cool EXCEPT.... now it won't timeout and turn screen off. It darkens like it's about to, but never shuts off. I have checked all my display settings and they are set to 30 sec. I thought it was the GOLauncher, but even when uninstalled still does it. Anyone else having this issue? Bugs the hell out of me because it drains the battery fast. Any thoughts? Anywhere I can look to change a timeout setting somewhere in the build.prob Tweaks in the ROM toolbox?

Bionic running Liberty 3 ver 2
Using Ring lockscreen found in Liberty settings
:frown:

lgalcarte

Reaction score
QUESTION: It took me forever to update to the 5.7.893(?). I had already updated once before and thought I had forever-rooted. I had to go through 4 separate installs, etc. and then I wasn't rooted anymore. Then I had to re-root. I had some complications at each stage, but I finally did it.

Then, I flashed back the Liberty 3 ROM w/ ICS theme. Now my phone says I'm back to 5.5.886. Did I lose all I did to get the 5.7.893? I thought I read somewhere that the ROMs can't change this but if that's true then why does it change what is displayed in "about phone"?

Of course, I forgot to make a backup after the update and before I flashed the ROM and I really don't want to go through that all over again. It was VERY time consuming and frustrating. I'm not even sure how I did it now!!

What ROMs are using the 893 udpate?

(= Thanks! =)

wooddale

Reaction score
QUESTION: It took me forever to update to the 5.7.893(?). I had already updated once before and thought I had forever-rooted. I had to go through 4 separate installs, etc. and then I wasn't rooted anymore. Then I had to re-root. I had some complications at each stage, but I finally did it.

Then, I flashed back the Liberty 3 ROM w/ ICS theme. Now my phone says I'm back to 5.5.886. Did I lose all I did to get the 5.7.893? I thought I read somewhere that the ROMs can't change this but if that's true then why does it change what is displayed in "about phone"?

Of course, I forgot to make a backup after the update and before I flashed the ROM and I really don't want to go through that all over again. It was VERY time consuming and frustrating. I'm not even sure how I did it now!!

(= Thanks! =)

Im not exactly sure how it works if you go to TH3ORY rom it says you are 5.7.893 but your not that is just the base if you go back to Liberty it will say 5.5.886 or whatever because that is the base it is running. If you are on 893 if you made a backup it should say that

wingdo

Reaction score

(= Thanks! =)

OK, so it seems there is a little misunderstanding in your question.

When you flash a Motorola update (wether leaked or official OTA) the update updates several items. It can / will update the kernel, radio, webtop, system software (aka base).

Since the bootloader is locked (encrypted) only Motorola's official updates can change the kernel or radio. The different ROMs available all use different bases, but flashing those ROMs cannot in anyway change the kernel nor radio. So yes, Liberty is based off of 5.5.886 (which is the current OFFICIAL software base), but if you flashed any of the 893 or 894 leaks, you still have the kernel and radio from what you flashed.

Now, yes certainly most people will want the latest s/w available, but two things to keep in mind here with Liberty, first 886 is still the most current official base but most important, Liberty is mostly AOSP software to which you can add blur components back in. Due to the AOSP nature of the ROM, the base number is almost meaningless.

The short of it is, you are fine and Liberty is a great ROM. I don't run it, but I have tried it and think it's fine by me.

davequinn2

Reaction score
Since the bootloader is locked (encrypted) only Motorola's official updates can change the kernel or radio.

I'm not familiar with Android hacking/cracking, but used to play along time ago with Commodore 64 (giving away my age a little) ... hacking software and other things that we won't discuss here ... but, if the devs could get an official OTA, can't it be reverse engineered to force a ROM to be able to update the radio and kernel? Like I said, it's been a while, so just asking.

wooddale

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with Android hacking/cracking, but used to play along time ago with Commodore 64 (giving away my age a little) ... hacking software and other things that we won't discuss here ... but, if the devs could get an official OTA, can't it be reverse engineered to force a ROM to be able to update the radio and kernel? Like I said, it's been a while, so just asking.

From what I have seen the Devs can incorporate an OTA in a Rom but Moto has to release it first because the bootader is locked. So far no one has been able to unlock it

Hawk5601

Reaction score
Alright, this is my first time trying to install a ROM on an android device, so bear with me, but I've got an issue I can't quite figure out. I used Pete's motorola Root tools to root my bionic, then installed bootstrap and CWM. I downloaded Liberty3 v2.0 from the sticky and installed it from SD after wiping data and cache partition from the Bootstrap recovery mode. Now, when I boot up the phone it sticks on the Motorola "M" screen. I've tried 3 times now (using R3L3A3DRoot to restore it). It's really bugging me, because I can't figure out for the life of me what I've done wrong. If anyone has any ideas on what I could do, I'd really appreciate it!

rednukleus

Reaction score
I had to format /system from the Mount menu in recovery before I could get a ROM to boot. That's what some people recommended me. Try that.

tkoalas

Reaction score
I have the Liberty ROM and my phone crashes A. LOT! I just wish that you could run Liberty with the newest update. (If you can, please tell me how)

nateohio

Reaction score
So JRummy, Kejar, and the rest of the guys pretty much abandoned the bionic huh?? That sucks because they have always been good about supporting their roms, looks that may have changed!

wooddale

Reaction score
So JRummy, Kejar, and the rest of the guys pretty much abandoned the bionic huh?? That sucks because they have always been good about supporting their roms, looks that may have changed!

Well not exactly team gummy Has put out a ICS rom for the Bio along with a couple other guys its all the same base which works but is kinda like between alpha and beta everything doesnt work. It will though gonna take a little time. As far as eor Gingerbread I believe they are done. Eclipose has got a damn good Ginger rom v2.2. Its not as pretty as ICS but its fast and stable

attitude2.3

Reaction score

I have a question
- I have tried to install different ROM's onto my bionic .902 using Safe Strap. It worked pretty good however i can't get my service to work(cant make calls, no 3g or 4g). I can only get wifi and there is a little x where the 4G is supposed to be. Any one have any ideas how i can fix this?. I tried using Liberty3bionic 2.0 and Blurr3d 1.5​