[Official] Liberty ROM [Bionic] Discussion Thread

Jaycea22

Reaction score
I've been testing this thing since build 38 before it released to the public and love pretty much everything about it. However, I have noticed one thing since the official release. My NFL Mobile App no longer launches correctly. Instead of simply asking for a user name and password when I launch it, it jumps to the forgot password page and prompts me to enter a temporary password and then change the password. Problem is, I haven't forgotten my password and don't have a temporary password to use. I have tried entering my current pass as the temporary and then entering a new pass, but it since login failed and prompts me to try again. Is anyone else having this issue? If I could get help with this I would be very much appreciative.

Thanks

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the app? Or going into application management and deleting the data. I was streaming NFL redzone yesterday with no problems so its not the ROM.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

2fast4uproductions

Reaction score
Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the app? Or going into application management and deleting the data. I was streaming NFL redzone yesterday with no problems so its not the ROM.

yeah I've tried both of those things. I'm trying a cache wipe right now. Any other ideas?

Jaycea22

Reaction score
yeah I've tried both of those things. I'm trying a cache wipe right now. Any other ideas?

Did you freeze anything on titanium backup? When you initially installed the ROM, did you wipe cache/data? Other than that I am unsure. I was streaming the chiefs-chargers game last night w no problems. Sorry I couldn't be of much help.

2fast4uproductions

Reaction score
Did you freeze anything on titanium backup? When you initially installed the ROM, did you wipe cache/data? Other than that I am unsure. I was streaming the chiefs-chargers game last night w no problems. Sorry I couldn't be of much help.

not that i know of. Unless it did something by itself without me knowing it. Yeah I wiped cache and data on initial install, maybe I'll just try a re-install. Thanks for your help, and if you think of anything else please give me a shout.

**Edit: I did a full system re-install and am still having the same problem. Please Kejar31 help! :icon_eek:
** Edit: More information...This problem of verizon apps automatically directing me to a temporary password page is not limited to only the NFL Mobile app. It is also doing the same thing on the My Verizon App. Oddly enough, my data usage widget is still displaying my usage bar and keeping track of my storage used.

I use these apps alot and have tried everything I know to fix them. If someone has any ideas at all PLEASE HELP.

Last edited:

jkliving92

Reaction score
not that i know of. Unless it did something by itself without me knowing it. Yeah I wiped cache and data on initial install, maybe I'll just try a re-install. Thanks for your help, and if you think of anything else please give me a shout.

**Edit: I did a full system re-install and am still having the same problem. Please Kejar31 help! :icon_eek:
** Edit: More information...This problem of verizon apps automatically directing me to a temporary password page is not limited to only the NFL Mobile app. It is also doing the same thing on the My Verizon App. Oddly enough, my data usage widget is still displaying my usage bar and keeping track of my storage used.

I use these apps alot and have tried everything I know to fix them. If someone has any ideas at all PLEASE HELP.

You're not backing up your apps and then restoring then are you?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

song31qaoio

Reaction score
tried out liberty last night fro irc, its pretty damn good, very snappy,still not a full rom yet but a lot of custimization and a big reminder that i don't really

like the blur launcher, although what th3ory did with unleashed is pretty damn impressive
image.php
huang2.jpg
huang3.jpg

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yea, I'm using titanium pro to back up my apps and my system data. Should I not be doing that?

No you shouldn't this had caused me problems I don't even want to describe.

I now manually restore the games and game data I want then backup calls and texts with call log backup and SMS backup from the marketplace.

As for system data sometimes (most times) a ROM will store the data just a tad but different from stock due to optimizations. Restoring the system data then conflicts and causes issues. Like when I accidentally restored my D2G froyo data to my bionic. Suddenly it was asking if I wanted to use gsm and global mode. Thank God for fxz

Sent from my ROOTED DROID BIONIC using DROID forums!

wooddale

Reaction score
No you shouldn't this had caused me problems I don't even want to describe.

I now manually restore the games and game data I want then backup calls and texts with call log backup and SMS backup from the marketplace.

As for system data sometimes (most times) a ROM will store the data just a tad but different from stock due to optimizations. Restoring the system data then conflicts and causes issues. Like when I accidentally restored my D2G froyo data to my bionic. Suddenly it was asking if I wanted to use gsm and global mode. Thank God for fxz

I use TIBU but restore app only

wooddale

Reaction score
I have an app that fcs tibu every time. So I've started doing it manually. It seems to go quicker as well

What ever works for you. These phones are all different what works for one doesnt work for another.

wooddale

Reaction score
I know it drives me crazy even my wife's bionic I have to treat completely different.

I hearing you my Bionic is a big panse and it still dont work all the time.

hooksworld

Reaction score
I need help. Tried to use the Liberty rom coming from a Th3ory Blurr3ed rom and now my phone gets stuck on the screen where the Android dude is. I have tried to SBF back to stock using RSD lite and the latest Recovery file but the flash fails. Any suggestions???

Captmilk

Reaction score