Official "I got my droid turbo" thread..

WhoDunIt

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Has anyone successfully got them to not make you turn in your phone when first going onto the Edge program?

My screen has a small crack in it and they won't let me on Edge because of it. I got screwed over when I went from my parents plans to my own plan with my wife and my upgrade got extended and they said they can't fix it.

I know someone said they got a Verizon CSR to remove the requirement, but how did you get them to do it?

Also, can you turn in a phone that isn't yours? My dad has an old phone that was his last one before this one. I was going to see if anyone had any luck if I was to turn his old phone in.

I just talked to my local store today. I was told that I needed to turn in the phone that Verizon shows me as using for that particular line. I have a cracked screen as well on my DNA. I bought an old Droid X in good condition for $25 and so long as I activate it, switching it out with my DNA, for one day, I'll be able to trade it in for the $100 and Edge program. Not a bad fix

wardo

Reaction score
I just talked to my local store today. I was told that I needed to turn in the phone that Verizon shows me as using for that particular line. I have a cracked screen as well on my DNA. I bought an old Droid X in good condition for $25 and so long as I activate it, switching it out with my DNA, for one day, I'll be able to trade it in for the $100 and Edge program. Not a bad fix
Yup yup,
Figured this out to but haven't decided on the new phone yet

1coopgt

Reaction score
I must be crazy . I just got back from Verizon . Thursday I had picked up the Black Kevlar 32 gig version . Returned it today and picked up the 64 gig version. Traded my old Razr Maxx in at the same time for 100 off and then changed my plan from the Unlimited to the 10 gig for 80 dollars which actually saves me about 10 dollars Most I ever used was 4 gig . Hope I don't regret this later on . :)

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Yup yup,
Figured this out to but haven't decided on the new phone yet

You will only get $100 towards the Turbo. I traded in my girlfriends Moto G for mine. Trade in on any other phone with the Moto G would have been $14.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Congrats Jason... Nice phone... I got some extended play time with it today... Not bad at all.. I like the ballistic best of all... I'm with @popcenator red didn't look as good as pics online

M8 tap'd

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Haha.. Nice... I wish they got rid of those captive keys.. Phone would look even better IMO..

M8 tap'd

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Phone definitely feels great in hand.. I agree.. Just if they were onscreen kinda like Samsung where you can't see them but tap to use them

M8 tap'd
Yes they do stay on when the screen is on so that's a little distracting I guess. It'd be nice if they timed out like Sammys. But in my first few hours no regrets whatsoever. I think 5.2in is the sweet spot in screen size. I'm looking it better than the Note 3.

Beeztrain

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid turbo 64gb
It depends on the phone. Most Verizon LTE phones allow simultaneous voice and data without VoLTE (voice over CDMA, data over LTE). Some in the past have even allowed simultaneous voice and data over 3G, which is called SVDO (the Thunderbolt and Galaxy S3 allowed this - it was never advertised or widely implemented, because Verizon could never guarantee it would work all of the time).

It's some recent phones (and most iPhones) that only allow it with VoLTE. My guess with the newer devices is that they simply didn't want to add the extra hardware required to do it over CDMA and LTE simultaneously when VoLTE is supposedly right around the corner for most high end phones.
Yes, that's what I was told. VoLTE is coming soon so this won't be an issue for long. Older Verizon phones just had 2 radios for CDMA and LTE.

Beeztrain

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid turbo 64gb
Only other problem I've had is syncing Facebook contacts. It won't do it. Go into accounts/Facebook/sync now and nothing happens. Sync contacts doesn't even show up in app settings on the Facebook app. Really weird. Other than that and the being on a call and no internet issue this phone is amazing. Got the life proof case and the 64gb version

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The red to me... Just like washed out. Ya know... Like sun bleached?