Official "I got my droid turbo" thread..

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
Quick update to my initial impressions:

While I'm going to test it out for the next week, I'm pretty sure the Turbo is going to go back for one reason - the camera. Slow to focus, slow to capture, and mediocre low light performance. It's the best camera Moto has ever had in a phone, but it's a deal breaker for me after having used the amazing shooter that the Note 4 has.

I take a lot of pictures (for work and personally), so the camera is of the utmost importance to me. If that's not an extremely important thing to you, or if it's just moderately important, you'll have no problems with the Turbo. I'm loving everything else about it.
That's because the 21 MP camera doesn't have OIS correct? Nexus 6 has OIS. Cannot understand with that space spread-out that Moto couldn't work that into the device.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
That's because the 21 MP camera doesn't have OIS correct? Nexus 6 has OIS. Cannot understand with that space spread-out that Moto couldn't work that into the device.

Because THEN it would truly be an iPhone killer. I mean, who wants that...:rolleyes:

realged13

Reaction score
Ordered mine using the edge program for the first time. I didn't know even if it's your first time using the edge program you have to trade in your phone. I got the csr rep to waive it since it was my first time using the edge program and also being a loyal customer for 12 years. I'll post back when I get mine in.

I've been trying to find some screen protector online and a case similar to diztronic. Any one got any recommendations? I prefer dry application screen protectors over wet. Thanks

You got them to waive it? I went in and they wouldn't do that for me. Did you talk to a manager about it.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Correct. The Turbo has no OIS. That should be standard in flagship devices by now. :(

MarBearCat

Reaction score
[QUO94lt1, post: 2562840, member: 247267"]Even through the stupid plastic screen protector on this defender... The screen looks awesome.

This phone is fast... No lie in this advertising..[/QUOTE]
Can that screen protector be removed?

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
[QUO94lt1, post: 2562840, member: 247267"]Even through the stupid plastic screen protector on this defender... The screen looks awesome.

This phone is fast... No lie in this advertising..
Can that screen protector be removed?[/QUOTE]
Yeah.. I'm just waiting for my tempered glass screen protector to come via FedEx, then I'll mod the case.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
I just can't make up my mind.... Buy it and keep my Unlimited Data/No contract status OR bite the bullet (stubborness more than anything) and take advantage of the deal - supposedly I'd be at 6 gig same price as what I am now.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
I just can't make up my mind.... Buy it and keep my Unlimited Data/No contract status OR bite the bullet (stubborness more than anything) and take advantage of the deal - supposedly I'd be at 6 gig same price as what I am now.

Have you confirmed that the Max deal is still available? Do they force you onto Edge?

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2

Gotta weigh out the pros and cons. I had grandfathered unlimited for 5 years. The most I ever used in a month was 6gb but floated around the 3gb range more. I sold both of my grandfathered plans earlier this year when I went to AT&T. We have 4 lines with 10GB and have never gone over 5gb total use in a month. Going with the same plan coming back to VZW. I'm taking advantage of the $100 trade in and using Edge to get my Turbo and also using Edge to get my daughter's iPhone 5S. Still have another 5S that we are using on another line. On top of that they have a promo now that you get $150 credit per number that you port over. That will cover 3 months of the bill.

Tap'd from my LG G2

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Gotta weigh out the pros and cons. I had grandfathered unlimited for 5 years. The most I ever used in a month was 6gb but floated around the 3gb range more. I sold both of my grandfathered plans earlier this year when I went to AT&T. We have 4 lines with 10GB and have never gone over 5gb total use in a month. Going with the same plan coming back to VZW. I'm taking advantage of the $100 trade in and using Edge to get my Turbo and also using Edge to get my daughter's iPhone 5S. Still have another 5S that we are using on another line. On top of that they have a promo now that you get $150 credit per number that you port over. That will cover 3 months of the bill.

Tap'd from my LG G2
I appreciate you giving perspective ( it helps) I have a fundamental dislike/distrust for cell phone companies which makes making a change difficult. I always figure once I make the change they'll basically be like, "Ha now that's behind us" ....
I don't believe I've ever even gone over 4 gb in a month usually between 2-3gb

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I appreciate you giving perspective ( it helps) I have a fundamental dislike/distrust for cell phone companies which makes making a change difficult. I always figure once I make the change they'll basically be like, "Ha now that's behind us" ....

Well if you never use a large amount of data and never will why not take advantage of a deal. They don't come around very often. I wasn't even thinking about coming back until yesterday and wasn't planning on doing it right away if I did. But hard to pass up $450 that they are giving me now for something I would probably do anyway in a month or so.

Tap'd from my LG G2

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
I know what you're saying. Most I've used is 3.5 GB, on Max program 6GB/month. Did that back in June when I was in Cali helping my sister move from S.F. to Pasadena. GPS, Pandora, Google Play Music, Emails, & no Wifi, still managed to barely hit 50% of my data cap.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got my turbo and loving it