****Official FroYo Rollout Thread-Version2!****

eurosteve

Reaction score
5:25 am in upstate New York - still waiting. Hard to believe they'll be done with the roll-out today.

ben360923

Reaction score
My first impression's of froyo, got update message about 3:20 am, update was complete by 3:30 am. I use helix launcher, but after update I was continually force-closing, so I uninstalled. Maybe helix want run on froyo, not sure. I installed ADW launcher, so far it seems smooth, but I do miss helix! :angry: Let me tell you, my droid is on steroids, it is super fast!! dancedroid love the speed!!!! As mentioned before in this thread, volume rocker doesn't work for media, maybe next update will fix! Hopefully today is the day for all still waiting on froyo!!!!

update on volume rocker, seems to work with all my media except you tube, very spotty and weird noise watching videos!

Djanvk

Reaction score
Northern Illinois and nothing yet. This sucks.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

strawman

Reaction score
In NC and just got it this morning, install went fine but I had to reboot afterward because it was sluggish. Seems fine now. All aps and contacts seem to be in place. My wife's droid did not get the update yet though.

lowboy

Reaction score
I hope no one else gets it. I am so tired of seeing I did not get it. Why?
I have not gotten it and could care less. If I was unrooted and had not gotten it by the time I thought I should have I would have just uploaded it manually.

Spartan

Reaction score
6:59 a.m. Mid Michigan... still nothing. Going manual tonight after work if it hasn't shown up. Tried being patient, but this is crazy.

crcjk

Reaction score
Woke up to mine this am in the Philly area - woo hoo!

Sent from my Droid

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have and have had the feeling that the "goal" of getting it all done by today may not happen. But if it doesn't get done today, it will get done soon. I think that goal came from either a statement from Verizon or some communication Motorola sent out.

We will see.

Again if anyone doe want to do it themselves, it is very easy to do and you will get the same update, with less possibilities of something going wrong if you do it yourself. No many people have pointed to another page but I actually like this link here. It gives a very easy to understand breakdown of how to update and even a link to add flash.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
To those experiencing sluggishness - that is normal after first getting the update. Apparently there is a lot of background work the phone must do to re-index or whatever. It whould speed up within the day. A battery pull never hurts either.