****Official FroYo Rollout Thread-Version2!****

Snozzberry

Reaction score
I haven't received my update either and I'm just curious if I will get it. I don't mind waiting, I just want to know that I won't be left out in this.

Gonzo

Reaction score
i got sick of waiting and am going to manual update now. i renamed the file to update.zip but how do i move it to the root of my sd card?

Gonzo

Reaction score
nevermind i figured it out. applied the update and my droid is rebooting now! dancedroid

sincitygrrrl1

Reaction score
Just got the update at 1:15 am Boston MA area. Knew it would come today...on my birthday!

re747

Reaction score
Just got the update at 1:15 am Boston MA area. Knew it would come today...on my birthday!

I'm glad someone got it! I just looked at saw it was almost 3 AM and got so mad that I haven't gotten it. But if someone has gotten it tonight maybe mine is coming soon :]

Reaction score
7 Android Update 2.2 ( Froyo) Questions I need answered

Ok Ive been waiting ever since July to get Froyo on my Moto Droid and now it has reached the 18th which is the date that: engadget, phandroid, android news, and droid forums said it should be wrapped up by and I havent gotten it yet.

Question #1: I got 2.1 at 12:01 at night, is there a specific time people are recieving this OTA?

Question #2: Is there a possibility I may be/ have been skipped?

Question #3: If I update manually will I still get the OTA?

Question #4: If I ever do get Froyo ( doubt it ) and I got the stuck on motorola boot sign is there a way anyone can help me into nuzzeling Verizon out of a Moto Droid 2?

Question #5: Will the OTA (if i ever get it) drain my battery significantly?

Question #6: Will there be an overclocking app with the OTA ?

Question #7: Ive been practically obsessed with this update, watching the google press C's on youtube over and over, is it worth all this fuss?

Thanks to anyone who can help me out, Ive been so confused with all this controversy ever since VZW and Moto have been releasing dates that their not falling through with.:motdroidvert: Droid Forever:motdroidhoriz: Im an extremely dedicated to Googles Android and Verizon and Motorola, andwilll certainly appreciate any help anyone can offer, God Bless.:greendroid:

rustyb

Reaction score
Happy b-day s,c,g.;) Hopefully we all get presents today.....:icon_cool::bday1:

RemyL75

Reaction score
I can only give you answers for questions 6 and 7

No, there will not be an overclocking app with the update. Overclocking generally requires rooting and installing a custom kernel. That voids your warranty.

IMO, it's worth the update. It's a lot snappier than 2.1.

I hope someone can answer the rest.

re747

Reaction score
wah. 4:15 here and still no update. booooooo.

if they don't finish today (which I guess they're not going to) are they going to keep doing it as often as they are now, or are they going to move on and start updating other models? Obviously I'm biased and think they should finish what they started and reward the people who jumped on the droid boat from the beginning...BUT that's just me :) Anyone know if there's any official game plan? (as in, time frame? am I going to have to wait another month?)

ben360923

Reaction score
My first impression's of froyo, got update message about 3:20 am, update was complete by 3:30 am. I use helix launcher, but after update I was continually force-closing, so I uninstalled. Maybe helix want run on froyo, not sure. I installed ADW launcher, so far it seems smooth, but I do miss helix! :angry: Let me tell you, my droid is on steroids, it is super fast!! dancedroid love the speed!!!! As mentioned before in this thread, volume rocker doesn't work for media, maybe next update will fix! Hopefully today is the day for all still waiting on froyo!!!!

S-Dub

Reaction score
5:00 AM in Maine and still no update... Wasn't everyone supposed to recieve the update by today (18th)? My roommate got hers like four days ago and I haven't got anything!