****Official FroYo Rollout Thread-Version2!****

Uprangewilly

Reaction score
Just got the OTA at 8:00 AM in Northern Kentucky!

Whats real funny is that I actually downloaded the file in the OP last night and told myself "if I dont get this OTA by the 18th im going to manually update". And here it is!!
So im very new to the Droid, just got it about a month ago. Should I just leave the copy I downloaded last night on my SD card or PC as a back-up file or is that pointless?

Cleskers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Got it this morning @ 7:56 am. N. KY.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just got the OTA at 8:00 AM in Northern Kentucky!

Whats real funny is that I actually downloaded the file in the OP last night and told myself "if I dont get this OTA by the 18th im going to manually update". And here it is!!
So im very new to the Droid, just got it about a month ago. Should I just leave the copy I downloaded last night on my SD card or PC as a back-up file or is that pointless?

Take it off your SD card, it's just taking up space and adding clutter. Anyway if you ever do want to add anymore updates, and I have a feeling the Droid is not done yet you really don't want that update file in there.

markwebb

Reaction score
I have and have had the feeling that the "goal" of getting it all done by today may not happen. But if it doesn't get done today, it will get done soon. I think that goal came from either a statement from Verizon or some communication Motorola sent out.

We will see.

You may be right. Rooted and Rom'd here so no worries on my end but I still haven't gotten the OTA notification.

Uprangewilly

Reaction score
Done, Thanks Hook. And let me just say Thanks to you and FBM for all the questions you have been answering in this thread. With out people like yourself, noobs like me would be lost. Again Thanks.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
1. No, people have reported getting the updatre at various times throughout the day.
2. No, you will get it eventually. Many people are reporting they have not gotten it yet in the News forum.
3. No, updating manually is the same as getting it OTA.
4. They will mostly likely give you a refurbed Droid.
5. Some people are reporting battery drain. Task killers and anti-virus apps (which should no tbe used anyway) and the facebook app seem to be the biggest culprits.
6. No, you still need to root and use something like SetCPU to overclock. However, the 2.2 stock kernel does allow overclocking to 800 mHz.
7. The update has 5 home screens (which I had already with Helix anyway), the ability to use Flash, the ability to update apps automatically or manually all at once, is faster (to some), and some other goodies. Nothing all that exciting.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Done, Thanks Hook. And let me just say Thanks to you for all the questions you have been answering in this thread. With out people like yourself, noobs like me would be lost. Again Thanks.

You're welcome, and I think furbearingmammal has done a great job as well. Anyway the point of having these threads is for you to get answers, not just to place questions and have them ignored.

jerroedr

Reaction score
1. No, people have reported getting the updatre at various times throughout the day.
2. No, you will get it eventually. Many people are reporting they have not gotten it yet in the News forum.
3. No, updating manually is the same as getting it OTA.
4. They will mostly likely give you a refurbed Droid.
5. Some people are reporting battery drain. Task killers and anti-virus apps (which should no tbe used anyway) and the facebook app seem to be the biggest culprits.
6. No, you still need to root and use something like SetCPU to overclock. However, the 2.2 stock kernel does allow overclocking to 800 mHz.
7. The update has 5 home screens (which I had already with Helix anyway), the ability to use Flash, the ability to update apps automatically or manually all at once, is faster (to some), and some other goodies. Nothing all that exciting.

so without rooting i can get my phone to 800mhz?