****Official FroYo Rollout Thread-Version2!****

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by alphawave7, Aug 11, 2010.

1. pilot25

pilot25 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    If you updated manually to 2.1 will that affect your OTA update to 2.2? I'm guessing manually updating to one probably disables future OTA updates.

2. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +448
    Current Phone Model:
    32GB Moto X Developers Edition
    Twitter:
    furryvarmint
    Any flaming should be reported immediately. Minor joshing is annoying, and I'm probably guilty of at least a dozen posts doing that, but try not to take it personally. Outright flaming, however... Yeah, we don't stand for that here.

We don't mind the questions. What kind of errors were you getting and when were you getting them?

It won't interfere with the second update (assuming it's coming, which I am) because it's the same software. All you're doing is speeding up the process, taking the phone into your own hands instead of leaving it up to Verizon, and striking a blow for freedom. ;)

The first OTA update.zip won't drop at all; Verizon's ping will report back what it wants to see and the rollout will move on to the next phone chosen at random from the database.

3. furbearingmammal

Ratings:
    +448
    Current Phone Model:
    Twitter:
    furryvarmint
    Nope. If you haven't received your update yet it's because Verizon hasn't pinged your phone yet.

4. jntdroid

jntdroid Super Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +319
    It shouldn't, since the manual update to 2.1 is the same file off of Google's servers that you would've received OTA. I'll let you know in a day or so as I'm running stock 2.1 right now, and I updated manually as well. :) (this IS supposed to be done by tomorrow right?)

And nothing should really disable future updates. People running custom ROMs (2.2) are getting the notifications as well as those that are purely stock.

5. vonfink13

vonfink13 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    well...since you asked and thanks for trying to help. I got this message: "Cannot download.The content is not supported on this phone." I got that message when I tried to dl it with Astro file manager. I uninstalled astro and did the dl and then went through all the correct button pushing to restart the phone and when I used the D pad to select the update.zip file it told me that it was not found.
    I am assuming that the file is not going to the sd card properly and I do not know how to tell the phone to dl to the card...but I could be wrong.
    I have since found the dl'd file and deleted it just in case the OTA comes through and sees that file on my phone and thinks I already have the update.
    Thanks in advance for the help.

6. xkape

xkape Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +37
    Can someone tell me why like every 4 days, I have to "install" it so it can be aborted by my ROM? Should it not be one and done? At 1st I thought maybe it was the 2nd update being thrown at me but... this is the 4th time so?

7. dennugsmello

dennugsmello New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a question about the OTA update. I downloaded the update and manually installed it around Aug 5th. It worked great for about 4 days and then my phone bricked, not sure if the update had anything to do with it, but that not the point. I have since received a replacement droid from verizon running 2.1. Is there a chance that verizon pinged my phone when I had the manual 2.2 loaded, and now my replacement phone won't be pinged for the update? Thanks for any information.

8. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +49
    Can you download it to a computer and move it to your sd card using the USB? That way you can be sure it's going to the right spot and it's named correctly.

9. vonfink13

vonfink13 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I cant download it to my work computer and my home computer is a Mac and I dont think you can do that with a Mac..can you..??

10. furbearingmammal

Ratings:
    +448
    Current Phone Model:
    Twitter:
    furryvarmint
    I seriously doubt they won't give you an update. Lots of people had to flash their phones back to 2.0.1 months after the 2.1 update 1 rollout was complete and they still got notified they had an update waiting. It might have taken a while, but it still came down. :)

11. radsaq

radsaq Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Regarding the two different update.zip files

Assuming you have a 100% stock 2.1-update1 droid, both the large and small updates will give you the same system after applying them.

As was pointed out above, both zip files are signed, so that the stock bootloader will only apply them if they are the unmodified versions straight from Google's servers.

The difference between what's in the two updates is that the smaller file contains patches for existing files (which are smaller because they're only changing part of a file) along with the brand new files for the system. The larger file is simply all the files for the system with no patches, such that it will simply overwrite all the files on the system.

There will not be any difference for a stock device after applying an update using these two methods because the patch process confirms that a file has the same checksum (i.e., it is exactly the same) as what the patch creator had before the patch is applied to a file.

I would wager that problems people are having post-update are purely related to data (or hardware problems). The update process itself is pretty bulletproof.

12. jerroedr

jerroedr Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So astro is on the market but is there a trusted flash version with instructions?

No place on the market to get an app to change the notification bar color.

Search tags for this page
bajar firmware playtab junior
descargar firmware para playtab junior 3

firmware playtab junior

hard reset playtab 3 junior
my wifi says authenicating and then disconnects
palytab junior os update

playtab 3 jr firmware

playtab 4 junior firmware
playtab junior bootloop

playtab junior firmware