~OFFICIAL: FRG01B FroYo Issues/Solutions Thread~

Card

Reaction score
Just my report:

I downloaded the update.zip and went through the instructions and put it on my phone. Install went smoothly, and I re-booted my phone. As others have said, the reboot takes awhile, but it got there eventually.. I had little trouble getting Flash to work. Downloaded the APK file as well as the Adobe Showcase from the Market. It all seems to be working so far.

Some thoughts I would like to point out.
-The entire process from downloading the update, to installing, to re-booting the phone took about 15 mins in all. Very simple, very straightforward.
-Froyo is fantastic so far. Phone is running faster and smoother than on 2.1. I'm debating going back to LauncherPro, as I had grown accustomed to it and like the features.
-Flash works, more or less. It's running slow right now on Dolphin Browser. Kinda chugs along during videos. But I'm hoping I just need to do another reboot and that should be solved. Maybe when the official Flash update hits Market, it will solve any issues.
-I like the new car and home docking screens. The home dock doesn't seem to hang up at all like it used to occasionally do.
-The only thing I'm not too wild on is the Messaging layout. I don't really care for how it displays the person's icon next to every text sent or received. Maybe I can change the settings, I honestly haven't looked yet.
-Tethering seems to work fine with my 3rd party app. It was worth the few bucks I paid, so even if Motorola/Verizon said no tethering on Froyo, it's of no concern to me personally.

EdInBTR

Reaction score
Just my report:

-Tethering seems to work fine with my 3rd party app. It was worth the few bucks I paid, so even if Motorola/Verizon said no tethering on Froyo, it's of no concern to me personally.

Card, what app are you using to tether? I don't mind paying. Heck, I would pay Verizon their fee if they provided a way to do so.

Thanks,

Ed

brochaos

Reaction score
card can you please describe the car dock layout? also, make sure to swipe right for the second page!

@lax01-that issue is due to the use of a new media player called stagefright. it still wasn't working correctly in frg01 leak, but you could fix it if you were rooted.

Card

Reaction score
Just my report:

Card, what app are you using to tether? I don't mind paying. Heck, I would pay Verizon their fee if they provided a way to do so.

Thanks,

Ed

I use EasyTether Pro. I don't remember how much it cost ($10 I think), but I use it often enough to fully justify the cost from my standpoint. Like I said, it seems to work just dandy post-FroYo update.

card can you please describe the car dock layout? also, make sure to swipe right for the second page!

Sure. When clicked into the car dock, instead of the curved "bar" with 5 icons, which I really didn't like, you get 6 big icons to press. They are Navigation, Voice Search, Phone, Contacts, Music, and Exit Car Dock. Then you can tap the arrow to go to the second page, which has six more icons. There are icons for Maps, Settings, and Lighting. The Lighting icon lets you pick between Day, Night, and Automatic. There are also 3 blank icons, which I imagine you could customize to launch the app of your choosing (Pandora would be perfect).

I love the fact that they put an Exit icon on it. Makes it easier to get to your main screen without having to back out or press the Home button.

brochaos

Reaction score
hmm, so the blank icons are still there...weird. on the leaked betas, there were no ways to customise those...

the issue with the exit button, it's the only way to get back to your launcher, but once you exit, you are no longer in car dock mode. your screen will dim. you have to relaunch the car dock, or re-trip the magnet to get the screen to stay on. annoying.

Card

Reaction score
You're right, I didn't realize that at first. I'm going to have to play with it a little more to figure out if you can customize the buttons. It doesn't make much sense to leave them blank without being able to alter them at all.

I like the Exit button because I generally just put my car in the dock, exit the Launcher, and open Pandora. I generally only use the Nav feature if I'm driving out of town and really need to know where I'm going. So having that button makes my life just a smidge easier.

I also like the home dock Launcher more now. I use my phone as my alarm clock, and in the dead of night, the "Night Mode" always kinda bothered me. The blue cast off just a little too much light and didn't give quite enough contrast to see clearly at a quick glance.

tehpriest

Reaction score
hmm, so the blank icons are still there...weird. on the leaked betas, there were no ways to customise those...

the issue with the exit button, it's the only way to get back to your launcher, but once you exit, you are no longer in car dock mode. your screen will dim. you have to relaunch the car dock, or re-trip the magnet to get the screen to stay on. annoying.

"Why not just get "Car dock" from the market. It's free, It's colourful and it has multiple fully configurable screens ? It also pops up as an option when you use the car dock. Just check the use this one all the time check box and choose it. Job done.

Card

Reaction score

"Why not just get "Car dock" from the market. It's free, It's colourful and it has multiple fully configurable screens ? It also pops up as an option when you use the car dock. Just check the use this one all the time check box and choose it. Job done.

I actually never considered running a 3rd party dock. Better make sure it works fine on FroYo. I see some people are having trouble with other Launcher apps after the update.