Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
You have an X and an Eris? Nice upgrade. Whatcha do with the Eris?

Okay, you could try to boot into recovery and reinstall the update manually, pull the SD card and place the proper update on the root and try to install it that way, or possibly some other things, including SBFing the phone back to stock 2.1 and trying again. I'd recommend the first two first.

Debtfree

Reaction score
How Do You Put It On The Root?

You have an X and an Eris? Nice upgrade. Whatcha do with the Eris?

Okay, you could try to boot into recovery and reinstall the update manually, pull the SD card and place the proper update on the root and try to install it that way, or possibly some other things, including SBFing the phone back to stock 2.1 and trying again. I'd recommend the first two first.

How do you put it on the root....just copy it to the SD card and just not put it into a folder??? That's how I have understood it....am I right or wrong?

g_what

Reaction score
since i got the 2.2 update (OTA, and i am not rooted), my phone has been kinda sluggish (among other issues). i went to a verizon store yesterday and asked about it. they said this was a common issue for the Droid 1 running 2.2. i was told they have some kind of 'special update' to 2.2 that is not being released OTA. it takes about an hour to install the update and it wipes everything from the phone. supposedly this will fix the issues i am having. i was unable to do the update yesterday because i got to the store about 30 min before they closed.

no one at verizon was able to really explain what it specifically did. im guessing they are just doing a 'clean install' of 2.2, but i dunno for sure. that is just my speculation.

i am just wondering if anyone has heard anything similar to this or knows anything about this?

so i finally got a straight answer from someone at a verizon store yesterday (not the verizon store i would normally go to). this "update" actually is a downgrade back to 2.1. i think someone else mentioned previously that they were told about this also.

im not sure if the following is true or not, but i was also told (by the same guy who told me that the "update" is a downgrade) that motorola is working on an update for the droid1 that fixes the lagging issues that some people (including myself) are having. anyone know if this is valid?

khsjsilver

Reaction score
Music problem with 2.2

When I use the music player and I turn the phone horizontal, then back to vertical, my whole phone locks up. Sometimes it shuts off, sometimes I need to take the battery out. The music player worked fine before the 2.2 upgrade.

Is anyone having the same problem??

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When I use the music player and I turn the phone horizontal, then back to vertical, my whole phone locks up. Sometimes it shuts off, sometimes I need to take the battery out. The music player worked fine before the 2.2 upgrade.

Is anyone having the same problem??

This is not the correct area for these questions. This area if for the Motorola Droid 1. For all other questions please post here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...l-droid-x-2-2-solutions-issues-thread-27.html

If you need to repost your question that is fine, we won't ding you for cross posting.

RolyRolo

Reaction score
Nexus One [UPDATED]: As expected, Google's flagship phone was first in line for the Froyo upgrade. In late May, a "very limited test group" received an early copy of the 2.2 software. By late June, a full Nexus One Froyo rollout had begun.

bmw850rt

Reaction score
Well, now that 2.2 is here I was all excited to be able to use voice via my BT headset. But I can't seem to get it to work with this unit. Has anybody else been able to do it?

What's not working with it? I have a Plantronics headset, I think it's the cheaper one it cost about 40 bucks and it works fine for me.

So when you say it's not working, are you sure you are paired? Do you not hear a voice asking you to name a contact (I forget what it really says)?
Hi,
I have migrated on Froyo 2.2 15 days later. And i have sometime the GPS can't running.dancedroid
But after reflexion, i have each time a alerte on memory overfloat when an meeting alert is up and these alerts are declared on JORTE. Juste after if i don't reset my FURY, GPS can't up with the GPS button including on icons consommation managment.
And i must go to icons panel/parameters/localization to check on the GPS. but is not see by my Map application.
I don't know if is JORTE or meeting service, but when i check that off Jort application when is unload. i have nothing trouble now......:icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

bmw850rt

Reaction score
2.2, GPS, and schedule services

(sorry i answer in previous post by error....i am beginner :icon_eek:)

Hi,
I have migrated on Froyo 2.2 15 days later. And i have sometime the GPS can't running.dancedroid
But after reflexion, i have each time a alerte on memory overfloat when an meeting alert is up and these alerts are declared on JORTE. Juste after if i don't reset my FURY, GPS can't up with the GPS button including on icons consommation managment.
And i must go to icons panel/parameters/localization to check on the GPS. but is not see by my Map application.
I don't know if is JORTE or schedule service, but when i check that off Jort application when is unload. i have nothing trouble now......
icon_%20banana.gif
icon_%20banana.gif