~OFFICIAL: FRG01B FroYo Issues/Solutions Thread~

TheManWithoutAName

Reaction score
I felt quite similar but installing ADW Launcher (Launcher Pro is fine to) fixed almost every one of my problems relating to homescreens etc. People always recommend a factory reset but that's such a big, and unnecessary, step. There is also a hack out there that is supposed to fix the stock launcher.

I don't think it's 2.2 - I have stock 2.2 and I am having none of these issues. I did the manual update, added manual Flash then went to the Market Flash when that update was made available. I don't have a
task killer loaded. I use Open Home with 7 home screens. An occasional slow homescreen happens but it isn't the norm.

Some conflict with the applications you have loaded possible here?

Verizon told me yesterday that since the 2.2 Froyo update that about 25% of the Droid1's are not accepting the update. They told me that they are working on another update to help fix these issues. They also told me to go to a Verizon store and just have them flash the phone back to 2.1 .

Yes it seems to be build number FRG01B that is experiencing issues. Some FRG22 users have reported issues but not as consistently. Thanks for the update.

TheManWithoutAName

Reaction score
I hate my droid right now. It's as useless as my old windows phone. The homescreen takes 5-10 seconds to load if it ever does. Forget trying to click icons or switch desktops...Even answering a call has a 5 second delay that has led to countless missed calls. Is there a way to roll it back to 2.1? At this point I'm considering tossing this phone if they don't correct this by the end of the week.

I felt quite similar but installing ADW Launcher (Launcher Pro is fine to) fixed almost every one of my problems relating to homescreens etc. People always recommend a factory reset but that's such a big, and unnecessary, step. There is also a hack out there that is supposed to fix the stock launcher.

I don't think it's 2.2 - I have stock 2.2 and I am having none of these issues. I did the manual update, added manual Flash then went to the Market Flash when that update was made available. I don't have a
task killer loaded. I use Open Home with 7 home screens. An occasional slow homescreen happens but it isn't the norm.

Some conflict with the applications you have loaded possible here?

WOW...ADW Launcher helped immensely. That must the source of the issue - the stock launcher. Thank you very much!

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
Anyone else having a problem with the vibration ringer not working sense the latest update? Mine isn't working. Can still feel vibration on return to home key and other apps. But not on incoming calls?

Tim

Mine definitely vibrates and rings on incoming calls, but I use Quick Settings to control those options.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

MarkDF

Reaction score
After manually installing the full 78MB upgrade and doing a factory reset, sanity has been restored (mostly) to my phone. Disappointing that I needed to take those steps, but ok.

Now, my mp4 videos that played just fine under 2.1 don't play (I get the "Can play video error from the gallery).

Any ideas?

RyanPm40

Reaction score
People need to stop talking about the Droid 1 in a Droid Incredible thread.

TheManWithoutAName

Reaction score
People need to stop talking about the Droid 1 in a Droid Incredible thread.

Oh gosh I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to break the rules your majesty.

Get over yourself. I googled the issue and this came up first. I didn't even realize it was a thread for the Incredible. Either way my question was answered.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
I didn't mean it in a mean way, it just happens a lot, and I get really confused XD

BLK

Reaction score
Is there any help on Battery life? Since the update my battery life has gone way down hill. I ran it completely down til it shuts off, charged it again, shut it off, then charged it. Its still horrible. From the time I plug it in and get to work it has already dropped 10% with no use and about a 20 minute drive. And throughout the day with my normal use before 2.2 I could make it all day. Now I have to charge it mid day if I plan on being away from a charger after work. I didnt have to pre 2.2.

Theres a few other problems but I cant remember them since they arent a daily occurrence. I thought it was going to work better after the Froyo update not worse.

Last edited:

Snoking

Reaction score
Is there any help on Battery life? Since the update my battery life has gone way down hill. I ran it completely down til it shuts off, charged it again, shut it off, then charged it. Its still horrible. From the time I plug it in and get to work it has already dropped 10% with no use and about a 20 minute drive. And throughout the day with my normal use before 2.2 I could make it all day. Now I have to charge it mid day if I plan on being away from a charger after work. I didnt have to pre 2.2.

Theres a few other problems but I cant remember them since they arent a daily occurrence. I thought it was going to work better after the Froyo update not worse.

Do you have a task killer running? If so get rid of it. Chris

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint

zero7404

Reaction score
has someone figured on a fix for how to get back silent only and vibrate only via the volume rocker ?