~OFFICIAL: FRG01B FroYo Issues/Solutions Thread~

alm0614

Reaction score
first off, I am using straight froyo, not anyone's rom so if BB fixes this please let me know..

but I have it so the phone is on vibrate, and if i press down on the volume button it will not go to silent. I can go to settings and turn off vibrate and then the phone shows its on silent.. But i basically want it to work like 2.1..where it goes Loud -> quieter -> quieter->...->vibrate->silent

any help?

droid100

Reaction score
I noticed this as well and was forced to set Vibrate to "Only when not in silent mode"...

I'm running a ROM and it behaves the same way.

I also noticed that when you power the phone off it vibrates. It's a little irritating when you're trying to be discrete...

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I noticed this as well and was forced to set Vibrate to "Only when not in silent mode"...

I'm running a ROM and it behaves the same way.

I also noticed that when you power the phone off it vibrates. It's a little irritating when you're trying to be discrete...

I've noticed this as well - I don't know if it's a new froyo "feature" or just something left out since it's not the final build. (i would assume the latter)

And with the power down vibration, man that thing feels about 5x harder than any of the other phone vibrations... it actually scared me the first time :eek:

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Re: Froyo Vibrate Issue

I can't remember where I saw it but I believe it's a new feature in Froyo. I don't like it either.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
A

alm0614

Reaction score
I really hope some developer (Please Pete) fixes that so it is the way it was in 2.1, its rather obnoxious

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
This thread is to be used STRICTLY for reporting issues and support/solutions for FRG01B aka 2.2 Froyo ONLY.

~Please keep this thread clean of extraneous comments about 2.2 so that people reporting issues and seeking help can find the information easily~

A few FAQ answers: (If you think an important item should be mentioned here, pm a mod/smod!)

1) Flash is NOT included..it is in the Market, but currently invisible to Droid FroYo...Google should fix this issue soon.
2) Some Launchers (eg. Helix) may force-close (FC), so we await their dev's to make a compatible update. LauncherPro was my resolution on Nexus, haven't revisited Helix since.
3) Swype beta may not work/FC too, so delete JUST THE BETA, NOT THE INSTALLER, and re-download Swype beta...users report success on the re-install. (Must enable 'unknown sources in Settings).
4) Flash .apk can be downloaded from alternate sources, like http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HO8UZSDW , please report back your results in this thread.
5) Reports are that the initial boot time is LONG....be patient, FroYo won't melt!
6) WiFi tethering/HotSpot has been removed by VZN from this build. USB tethering requires VZN plan update ($15?) unless alternate Market options used (EasyTether,PDANet) or rooted.
7) Market issues are unfortunately standard procedure..if an app cannot be found on the Market, try clearing Market cache in Applications, or contact the app dev, and they will hopefully (quickly) update their apps.

Last edited by a moderator:

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This is more of a question so delete it if im off base here. For those of you that went ahead and did this, using Verizon, does google voice work? I have serious trouble so far with it recording silence which is a known issue with Verizon.

StephLauren

Reaction score
after downloading adobe showcase, it brings me to a website where it tells me to download flash. I click on the link, it brings me to the market site...

where it says "the requested item could not be found"

Fuzzball

Reaction score
Anyone missing the Corporate Calendar app? Icon on the standard Launcher is gone and LauncherPro says the app isn't installed anymore; I had to readd the shortcut for the Calendar app in LauncherPro, but not the stock Launcher. Also, the stock Launcher app drawer only has a screen's worth of apps from A-B; LauncherPro seems fine.

Perhaps I need to wait for everything to complete their startup processes or do a cold boot of the phone.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Flash in the market not yet made to be seen by FRG01B, they'll fix it soon.

You'll have to grab the beta.

I got the DL, not bad, though I'm staying put. I have the same kernal version and baseband with Pete's FRG01B, so I don't think I really need to install this (for anyone wondering)