Looking for a solution to my problem

stanrc

Reaction score
So coming from a BB I had sound profiles, most important being vibrate. Which put everything on vib, phone, email, sms, etc. How do I get this functionality on the Droid? I leave my phone on vibrate a lot, but then my sms and emails are silent. And I don't want it to vibrate when it rings too (if I check to vib in the settings). Basically I want vibrate mode to turn everything to vibrate. Not just calls.

Guerrilla

Reaction score
Well, you can enable Vibrate options on all those services and then, when you set the phone to silent, it should still vibrate. You said you do not want the phone to ring and vibrate at the same time, so that doesn't meet your requirements.

Try out Locale. It's really meant to automatically switch options around by conditions, but you could easily setup Locale profiles and enable/disable them as you like. Just add a profile with a Volume setting change for Silent + Vibrate for both notifications and the ringer. Best option I can think of.

mjs31

Reaction score
There are several profile apps in the market. May want to look at ones like quick profiles etc.

OP
S

stanrc

Reaction score
Yeah, I do use locale, and created a custom vibrate profile. Even after choosing notifications to vibrate and volume silent, it doesn't work right. It puts the phone on vibrate but still no vib on txt or email.

OP
S

stanrc

Reaction score
There are several profile apps in the market. May want to look at ones like quick profiles etc.

I've tried a few but none seem to do what they want. They just set the phone to vibrate but not the actual txt and email.

Guerrilla

Reaction score
Do you have vibrate named in whatever messaging app you sue and the e-mail app? Technically speaking that shouldn't make a difference, but maybe try it.