~OFFICIAL: FRG01B FroYo Issues/Solutions Thread~

A-Bomb

Reaction score
when I go into Firmware version its listed as 2.1 -update1 and not 2.2... Why is that? Also, where do I download flash from? And is there a list of all the changes? I can't really tell a difference so far...

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Go there on your droid download and install.

Make sure you enabled unknown sources are allowed to install in the settings.

As for the 2.1 thing you sure you updated?

I followed the instructions, but I don't really notice any differences and I don't have 5 screens, so I'm guessing I didn't. How do I go back to the original 2.1? I think ill just wait for the OTA update

Here is how to install the 2.2 update:

First make sure you have:

Official 2.2 update
on your computer

Update: You dont need to rename this one it comes as Update.zip (mine didnt)

Plug your droid into the computer

Transfer the update.zip file into your sd card (just where are the first folders are is fine)

Than unplug your DROID and power it down.

When turning it back on hold the X button on the keyboard as well as the power button.

You should be at a menu with a triangle and !, you than press up on the volume rocker and hold the camera button untill another menu pops up with 4 options.

Choose the install update from SD card and the 2.2 update will begin installing
If you get a :
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command
Its fine and the update will install correctly.
If you get an error that says aborted it didn't work.
If you get an E:signtature verification failed it was bad download and you need to re download it.

Once it finishes choose the top option ( which say reboot) to reboot your phone so you can begin enjoying Froyo.

Than follow the flash player steps i told you before to get flash player dancedroid

Last edited:

armeddroid

Reaction score
I have a question. Is everyone's applications, paid and free, showing up in the market?

I know there was an issue finding tapatalk pro, cachemate for root users etc etc with the roms that were released based on this build.

Mine are showing. I already did a few "update all"..
everything is working so far.. lol

Sent from my Droid

and I type this from my Droid.

Marathonman

Reaction score
Lost some Openhome skins and the Asphalt Racing game...not showing in market either. Thought maybe it was the same issue like Google Earth not showing up after 2.1 force. So I did a factory reset in hopes it would fix....um......no. Hope that get fixed...it's was my favorite game!

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well Flash works very well indeed. Can play games -- all sites now showing it. I even could expand the screen to make the games fit.

CaMarcusF

Reaction score
Hope it helps...

Hi all, first post here. So I downloaded the update, put it on the root of the phone, installed the update as I did 2.01 and 2.1, which I never I had a problem with. I booted up into stock recovery mode, installed the update from sdcard, it finished and said install complete. Rebooted and got stuck at the Motorola symbol, from there it just kept recycling the Moto symbol and would never actually boot up. Does anyone have any idea what could be at fault here ? I have since reverted back to 2.1 until I can figure something out, I should note that my camera has stopped working at all a few days ago. Pressing the physical camera key does nothing and opening it from the menu only causes it to force close. Is it possible the update issues are tied to my camera issues? Sorry for the long post, just really irked by this.

Folks have been reporting extraordinarily long initial boots...perhaps just let it sit for a while?

I let it try to boot up for a little over an hour, so I kind of figured that something was up with the phone or something.

This happened when I manually updated to 2.1, the Droid eye and Motorola screen kept recycling and the phone would never boot up. I had to boot into recovery mode and factory reset the phone, once it reset and started up I had to re-activate the phone.Once it got to the home screen I checked the settings and I was running the update. By factory resetting the phone it did wipe the phone clean so that was pretty bad, but as long as you have your settings saved on google it will reload your contacts etc... Hope this helps you!
Marcus
Original MotoDroid

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Accidentally posted this in the "Release" thread:

I don't know if this was just a fluke, but after updating to 2.2 I did a Factory Reset (like I always do when a big update comes out), and I couldn't activate my phone.

Tried it several times and it SAID activation was successful, but no luck.

Went to a Verizon store and they couldn't get it to activate either, so they manually programmed it and all is well again.

akj27

Reaction score
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Go there on your droid download and install.

Make sure you enabled unknown sources are allowed to install in the settings.

As for the 2.1 thing you sure you updated?

I followed the instructions, but I don't really notice any differences and I don't have 5 screens, so I'm guessing I didn't. How do I go back to the original 2.1? I think ill just wait for the OTA update

Official 2.2 update
on your computer

Transfer the update.zip file into your sd card (just where are the first folders are is fine)

When turning it back on hold the X button on the keyboard as well as the power button.

You should be at a menu with a triangle and !, you than press up on the volume rocker and hold the camera button untill another menu pops up with 4 options.

If you get a :

Once it finishes choose the top option ( which say reboot) to reboot your phone so you can begin enjoying Froyo.

Than follow the flash player steps i told you before to get flash player dancedroid

Thanks a lot for taking the time, I really appreciate it, but I did that exactly as it says. I'm guessing I'll try renaming the file since I just checked the folder and it's called: signed-voles-FRG01B-from-ESE81.e48e48ff and not update.zip or whatever it's supposed to be.

A-Bomb

Reaction score

Official 2.2 update
on your computer

If you get a :

Thanks a lot for taking the time, I really appreciate it, but I did that exactly as it says. I'm guessing I'll try renaming the file since I just checked the folder and it's called: signed-voles-FRG01B-from-ESE81.e48e48ff and not update.zip or whatever it's supposed to be.

That was my exact problem (got to excited and completely forgot to re name) It will most likely work now dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:

PS: Make you sure you only type "Update" because the .zip will already be there if you dont it will look like "update.zip.zip" and that wont work.

Last edited:

akj27

Reaction score
Just tried after renaming the file to update.zip and got an error.

--Install from sdcard...
Finding update
Opening update package
Verifying update package...
E:failed to read footer from /sdcard/update.zip
(is a directory)
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

Thats exactly what it says

Just saw your PS, will try again after renaming it Update only.

Last edited:

A-Bomb

Reaction score
Just tried after renaming the file to update.zip and got an error.

--Install from sdcard...
Finding update
Opening update package
Verifying update package...
E:failed to read footer from /sdcard/update.zip
(is a directory)
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

Thats exactly what it says

Try the download link i gave you in the guide and delete the update.zip off the SD card and tell me what it says.

And where are you putting the Zip file at?

akj27

Reaction score
I'm using OS X. Does that change anything?