OFFICIAL Droid X 2.2 Solutions/Issues Thread

n0m0n

Reaction score
Why must it always be so dificult? (I know its me)

Well I seem to be having a problem getting root back.
I was rooted after I OTA 2.2, with the device terminal method (cant remember what it was called or where to find it again) but after installing a few roms, themes my device started to act up so I SBF'ed back to stock using: FRG22D,sbf

now IO'm trying to root using the method DoRootForWindows, and get to:
*daemon started successfully*
And there she sits.

From what I understand i put my device into PC Mode with debug enabled.
From all the files form DoRootForWidnows into the sdk|Tools folder.

Plug in my device and click on doroot.bat.

Did I miss something additional?

Thanks

scriptdevil

Reaction score
Regarding the camera on the Droid X. I have found better results using the mechanical button for the camera. Hold it half way to focus first, then push it down to take shot - like an actual digital camera. The soft button seems to go too fast and results in unfocused pictures. Seems more like a software issue to me, and hopefully will get an update.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Regarding the camera on the Droid X. I have found better results using the mechanical button for the camera. Hold it half way to focus first, then push it down to take shot - like an actual digital camera. The soft button seems to go too fast and results in unfocused pictures. Seems more like a software issue to me, and hopefully will get an update.

Dude! No body tells me anything! Wow this works great, I just shot 2 pics in total control and in focus. That soft button is real annoying, but you're right the 'real' button lets you half push to focus and when you're ready a full press snaps instantly. Thanks great tip!

sat1217

Reaction score
Another newbie here. I was looking at my setttings and noticed that an upgrade was waiting to be installed. I clicked to install and a download began. However, ever since this so called upgrade, I get nothing on the screen when I pressed the red circled bottom on the home screen that used to contain all of my downloaded apps/games that I could scroll thru. This screen is now black. I'm freaking out now because I can no longer see my apps even though when I access the Market, it shows that items are installed on my phone. How do I get my list of apps/games screen back? The Droid X is quite useful when you can figure it out and quite frustrating when you can't,

kevinkar

Reaction score
Have you turned your phone completely off and back on again? I have had some icons on the home screens turn into generic icons (not the ones the programs are supposed to display) and I could not see those programs in the Applications screen either. They seemed to disappear.

Turning the phone off and on solved the problem.

You may have to turn it off, pull the battery out for about 15 seconds or so, put it back in, and turn the phone on to get this to work.

Don't know why it does it. It just gets all wonky now and then.

ovbonner

Reaction score
Can someone tell me how to change or add action to left or right user buttons?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

rjhawtho

Reaction score
2 Issues

1) My actual Market App disappeared after I installed 2.2 update.

2) My clock widget doesn't update the time.

My DX was rooted when I installed the update.

FSG1

Reaction score
upgraded to 2.2 - now it freezes. when idle and screen goes blank I cant return to screen by pressing the lock button. did a battery pull and same thing.

This update was pretty useless and for the worst. I used to love this phone and with this update feels like its a darn blackberry all over again.

jimisbell

Reaction score
upgraded to 2.2 - now it freezes. when idle and screen goes blank I cant return to screen by pressing the lock button. did a battery pull and same thing.

This update was pretty useless and for the worst. I used to love this phone and with this update feels like its a darn blackberry all over again.

This is odd. My update went flawlessly and automatically. My Root went without flaw, My overclocking went flawlessly. My tethering went flawlessly. I have had not one problem with the DX since the day I got it and with all the "non authorized" stuff I have done, I would NOT have been surprised if it had hiccuped.

Guess its just good Karma

msu

Reaction score
I go into settings battery manager and push on the battery to see what is using my battery and I get a Force Close.

Last edited:

scf

Reaction score
Looks like that's fixed in the new leak(2.3.320). Haven't had that issue since.

gleiNNEk

Reaction score
On the camera soft button, I have noticed that it does function like the "half-push" hardware buttion. It focuses while you hold your finger down. Hold your finger to let it auto-focus, then release your finger, it won't take the picture until you release your finger.

^*^ Gene ^*^

msu

Reaction score
Looks like that's fixed in the new leak(2.3.320). Haven't had that issue since.

Actually if you do a full Factory reset, it cures the issue. Not sure about the Wifi issue I'm having though, but everything else so far is working correctly.