OFFICIAL Droid X 2.2 Solutions/Issues Thread

Rav3N

Reaction score
I noticed from 2.2 leak to official, no changes, same issues as leak. I have an issue with the camera where if you take a picture and keep deleting right after (like if your trying to get a good shot) it will force close and wont re open until you restart the phone. Also pandroa force closes still are a problem and as well as apps not showing up on the market unless you mod the build.prop file. (my phone was formatted and and cache cleared). I even think the battery is worse on the official 2.2. Motorola changed nothing from the leak and as I see it if yoiur on the leak do not change to the official. Same problems are still here.

wesford9

Reaction score
I'm not at that point yet. So far the flickering is just a minor annoyance, but I'm sure it will start eating away at me. This is definitely a software issue because my phone didn't have this issue prior to the update. Any else having this issue?

Flickering/choppy imaging is apparent when scrolling in the contacts and settings menues and also when scrolling up and down on the browser.

My screen is flickering on a line that runs straight across the screen in the middle (if you are holding it in portrait), or straight down the screen in landscape. It's the same part of the screen that flickers or causes graphic problems. In the browser, if I hold the screen in lanscape orientation and sroll through a long page, the right side of the screen seems to detatch from the left side along that line that I mentioned. I took my phone to verizon and the MANAGER there didn't even know anything about Android 2.2 for the Droid X, and HE HAS A DROID X HIMSELF!?!? Seriously? Typical clueless Verizon... Anyways, they are sending me a brand new Droid X since I have only had the phone for about 3 weeks.

mickeyboy

Reaction score
Droid X 2.2 - DISASTER!

Yes, Wesford9, so typical Verizon. Did same to me when I called; then I received an email that they were sending a Certified Like New Replacement??? I've had the phone for 3 weeks (but only activated 2 days ago after 2.2 was available!) Called again and have a 3rd phone on it's way. Don't think any of them will be worth keeping if they don't fix the SLOOOOOW browser (which was supposed to be faster;) the inability to move from portrait to landscape; the contacts issues; the ringtones not working, etc., etc.
If they can't handle the Droid X, how will they deal with Iphone????

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Brand new Droid X out the box. Programed phone, ran backup assistant and then went and grabbed OFFICIAL Froyo. After downloading fine, and unpacking fine it reboots getting stuck on the /\/\. I can hear the eye loadinging up in the background. I give it ten minutes and try to turn off, had to pop the battery and now have to pop battery every time when I restart it. BRAND NEW PHONE! No root, no ROM and first time starting it up.

reef9

Reaction score
Lots of issues with the 2.2???? It sure sounds like. Now, I still have not gotten the opportunity to update my DX. Im still unavailable to do so. Had the phone for 10 days about.

does someone know how to force install or do i just not want to do that?

gnumexiko

Reaction score
Lots of issues with the 2.2???? It sure sounds like. Now, I still have not gotten the opportunity to update my DX. Im still unavailable to do so. Had the phone for 10 days about.

does someone know how to force install or do i just not want to do that?

Menu button-> settings-> about phone -> system updates

abe7333

Reaction score
Aren't we supposed to have tap to focus on froyo?
Sent from my DROIDX

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Aren't we supposed to have tap to focus on froyo?
Sent from my DROIDX

I don't think so. There are a lot of settings on the right side of the screen. I was having problems so I started playing with it I found that the phone was set to macro and the exposure was set wrong for the current lighting conditions. I reset every thing to auto and the correct lighting and all is golden. Good luck

Pain or damage or even beatings don't end the world. The world end when you're dead. Until then you have more punishment store. Stand out like a man and give some back. Oh yeah I still use Tapatalk.

grace

Reaction score
Installed the leak 2.2 software. Now the camcorder is not working.

I hit the record button, than it shuts down the application. Anyone having this issue?

i have the same issue with you . i will try some of your suggestions.

XGiant

Reaction score
Froyo Issues...

1. Hate the new keyboard!! Swype is not nearly as accurate and it looks fugly!
2. Shouldn't have had to manually download Flash 10.1 from app store, but it works fine now (after a shutdown, battery removal, restart)
3. MP4 files that I had on the phone no longer work, a lot of my MP3 files do not install, it tells me that it is an unsupported file format.
4. Camera will freeze then not re-open until you restart if you delete pictures
5. Battery life in not as good, and phone does not appear any faster.

I was expecting more from android, but I am quite disappointed! I really do not see any benefits from Froyo other than Flash support, which 2.1 should have had all along! any fixes for the above issues? This is billed as a solution thread yet most issues do not appear to have solutions....

mettech

Reaction score
Installed the leak 2.2 software. Now the camcorder is not working.

I hit the record button, than it shuts down the application. Anyone having this issue?

Same issue here.. on my second DX... :icon_evil:

I have to reboot the phone to make the video cam to work after using the phone's other apps.

Could it be a cache issue?

Christy552005

Reaction score
gmail group problems

ok, so before the update any new contact I added on my computer through gmail would sync perfectly and go into the correct "group" on my phone. Since the update, they are still syncing to my phone, but not going into the correct group. It seems they are all getting lumped into the google group, but I need them sorted into the right group and I don't see a way to move them. Anybody had this problem?

mickeyboy

Reaction score
One of the many screw-ups with 2.2. Cannot display groups. Called both Verizon and Motorola. Thought the X was supposed to be the best of the Droids? My primary Droid 2.2 was perfect...sorted by last name, showed ringtones assigned to the contact; Facebook profile pics were consistently visable and no lag time in loading them; their profile message showed up in the contact, etc., etc.,

Can't wait for the iphone.!