OFFICIAL Droid X 2.2 Solutions/Issues Thread

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would try a factory reset before a task killer--T/K's are bad for the Operating System and will cause more problems than you already have

alboboy10

Reaction score
doesn't work. My browser is laggy too. And on sms when I'm typing and I wanna go up to change something it won't scroll. Froyo sucks!

Rishi P

Reaction score
yeah i def don't use task killers ever lol

i was just on a website and it loaded let it sit for a while went back to it and i couldn't scroll around it just was stuck there

nobody else is having this problem after the update?

should i try getting a new browser even though i'm really used to this one

abe7333

Reaction score
yeah i def don't use task killers ever lol

i was just on a website and it loaded let it sit for a while went back to it and i couldn't scroll around it just was stuck there

nobody else is having this problem after the update?

should i try getting a new browser even though i'm really used to this one

Idk probably backup phone and try factory reset?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

cpinto

Reaction score
Flash disappointment

Well, the one reason I wanted flash was to be able to checkin for flights at the JetBlue website.

I try to checkin, and I get...

"Cannot load player".

Other flash sites work just fine.

I hoped this would work.

Craig

calpilot7

Reaction score
Well, the one reason I wanted flash was to be able to checkin for flights at the JetBlue website.

I try to checkin, and I get...

"Cannot load player".

Other flash sites work just fine.

I hoped this would work.

Craig

JetBlue ... LOL. Didn't they just recently blow out all their tires when they landed with their parking brake set on in Sacramento.

alboboy10

Reaction score
If you do a factory reset you lose everything, how can you back up EVERYTHING on your phone? Including apps, contacts, the way the screen is set up etc.

darrinmisk

Reaction score
Gmail profile pics not showing

Not sure if this is a 2.2 issue or not. My gmail is not showing the profile pics, just getting an exclamation point. Not even my own pic is showing and I have checked to verify I that is is "visible to everyone'". Anyone else experience this?

ryan4h

Reaction score
Any update on your flickering issue? I have the same problem and rebooted a couple of times like others suggested, but no luck.

bh8690

Reaction score
No improvement
Hate froyo..everything I loved about my phone has gone to pot. Not one to write in forums, but I am so disappointed.

Last edited:

ryan4h

Reaction score
I'm not at that point yet. So far the flickering is just a minor annoyance, but I'm sure it will start eating away at me. This is definitely a software issue because my phone didn't have this issue prior to the update. Any else having this issue?

Flickering/choppy imaging is apparent when scrolling in the contacts and settings menues and also when scrolling up and down on the browser.

wade234

Reaction score
Clean install

I did not have any issues installing 2.2. My issues appeared after with GPS, applications not closing and draining the battery, battery very hot, applications freezing. I finally called support and all I said was "I have a Droid X, and I upgraded to 2.2 and am having some random issues". They did not even ask what issues, it was an immediate "back to factory" reply. It makes me think Verizon knows there are issues and had to meet the "End of Summer" deadline even if one day before the start of autumn. After the reset and reinstall everything appears to be working good. I have not tried GPS yet but I did not have the issue with it not going in to standby before the upgrade.

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
If you do a factory reset you lose everything, how can you back up EVERYTHING on your phone? Including apps, contacts, the way the screen is set up etc.

root it, cw rec mod, nandroid backup, done. or use TI backup and do it 50%

No improvement
Hate froyo..everything I loved about my phone has gone to pot. Not one to write in forums, but I am so disappointed.

whats wrong?

gnumexiko

Reaction score
Had wi-fi connectivity problems with 2.1 when phone was new. Spoke with L1 & 2 at both VZ and MOT. No help. Found solution on a forum: Menu button -> wi-fi networks -> wi-fi settings -> press menu button, select "advanced" -> wi-fi sleep policy, select never -> select Enable Auto IP -> press menu button, select save. Once I did this never again had a problem with wi-fi connectivity on 2.1 or now with 2.2 either. Thanks to whoever it was that posted this on another forum.