Official bit the bullet and returned the Bionic for the Prime thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Jedi

Reaction score
How about the I returned my iPhone 4S for the Droid Bionic thread? haha lets start that one. Let me share a funny story with you guys..Read on:

So today i went to my local verizon store, which is a verizon corporate store. I said, i want to add this Bionic to my number, in place of my iPhone 4. The store manager looked at me and said you get that bionic off ebay? I said yes, he said you get a pretty good deal on it? I said, i think so.. a straight up trade for a new, never opened Bionic for a used iPhone 4 lol. He looked at me like this -> :icon_eek: and said, WHAT!? i laughed and said yep. I think i got a great deal lol. And seeing as 4G is around my area ill be in it a lot this is even better for me. So the moral of the story is, good things come to those who wait! We all waited for the Bionic and those of you who returned it to wait for the Prime, are the guys who were saying a few weeks ago that the Bionic is the greatest phone since the microwave but look at what your saying now. Kinda reminds of some people who should just go with the iPhone and leave the Android behind lol.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
^Did you use your Jedi mind tricks to dupe that guy out of his Bionic?! I would have!

IRSmurf

Reaction score
If you don't buy the Bionic now, you may be enjoying a Prime in six months. But twelve months after that, us Bionic users will be eligible to upgrade to quad core phones with even better screens and more power efficient LTE radios. The Bionic is easily good enough to tide you over until quad core phones are released 18 to 24 months from now.

Besides, you know those 720p screens are just place holders for glasses-less 3D HD screens. (...that aren't horrendous like EVO 3D and Nintendo 3DS. I have a Fuji W3 camera, so I know GOOD parallax barrier displays exist.)

Anyhow... you rock, dark_jedi. And you got a great deal.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
Its sad people like the op have to have the best "phone" cuz they cant afford to have the best of anything else. Seriously go away kid. No one cares about you or which ever phone you choose :) oh an id say this to people who post a thread praising this phone...lets keep it to what these things can do, an if you have bugs post about those as well. Also it comes off kinda pathetic to start a topic just to get rise...mkay?....have a good day.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna laugh if the Prime turns out to be a buggy P.O.S.

The Bionic may not be perfect, but who's to say the Prime will be any better? It could be alot worse.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
ICS and Prime/Nexus announcement delayed. Man, I sure am enjoying my dual core processor and gig of ram! :icon_ banana:

yiannis

Reaction score
2x the pixel count of the Bionic means significantly slower phone and significantly less battery.

No thanks

geoffwhite18

Reaction score
I am really enjoying my new bionic. I honestly haven't had any problems with it. It shut down on me once, and that's about it! It has a couple of buggy issues, but so does every other phone on the market. I will enjoy my bionic for the next two years, watch a whole bunch of phones come and go in the mean time, and in two years upgrade to something better and newer. I bought the Droid 1 two years ago and have enjoyed it for the last two years. I've seen a lot of "THE BEST" phones come and go. About every two weeks the "BEST" cell phone gets outdated and forgotten. Find a phone you like, stick with it for a couple of years, if you can make it last that long, then get something else. The bionic is a well built, good quality phone, and that makes more difference in how long it will last than the technology that's inside it. How many super fast awsome tech phones have you seen thrown away and forgotton over the last two years because they were pieces of junk? Lots of them! The Droid 1 is a tough phone, time tested, and is still being used by lots of people. I did a lot of research and purchased the bionic because it seemed like a "GOOD" phone! Anyway, that's just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think the problem most people have with the Bionic is it should have been out 6 months ago, that's a hard thing to look past. If I get the Prime, i'll know it's hardware and software is very new. You're all right, the Bionic is a good phone, but it could have been an incredible phone 6 months ago.

bigtex52

Reaction score
What does when it comes out have to do with whether it is an awesome phone or not? It's either awesome or it's not. It's not like this is 2 yr old technology like the OG Droid. I loved mine, but now it is in a drawer being my backup to the new awesomeness. Will it be as good or nearly as good as the new Prime? Who knows? Guess we will just have to wait (and wait, and wait.....)and see. I couldn't be happier with my Bionic (unless it had an unlocked bootloader, of course).

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
What does when it comes out have to do with whether it is an awesome phone or not? It's either awesome or it's not. It's not like this is 2 yr old technology like the OG Droid. I loved mine, but now it is in a drawer being my backup to the new awesomeness. Will it be as good or nearly as good as the new Prime? Who knows? Guess we will just have to wait (and wait, and wait.....)and see. I couldn't be happier with my Bionic (unless it had an unlocked bootloader, of course).

You can't honestly be talking about "waiting and waiting" for the Nexus when you bought the Bionic. We waited an extra 9 months for that device.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^lol...true...

But to folks that didnt know about the Bionic until the commercials came out or until a few months ago the wait wasnt as long as those who've been following it since Jan of this year. Like when I got my Droid 1 I found out about the Droid X/Shadow. That pre release thread started in Jan of 2010. I got my Droid 1 in Mar or April 2010 and found out about the Droid X in May. I still wound up getting the Droid X tho, and was happy I did.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
What? Oh I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention.. the whiplash I just got from my super fast phone distracted me!

Status
Not open for further replies.