NOTE 3 not running Safestrap correctly!

asandler311

Reaction score
I have the Verizon Note 3 in 4.3 JB and it is rooted (verified). I have installed Safestrap from the link and installed the recovery with success. On reboot i get a black screen and then normal rooted custom load screen with no safestrap option. I have tried re-installing safestrap and busybox with the same results. USB Debugging is selected as well as allow mock locations. Any suggestions?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
What version of SS 3.65?...you should see a black screen with the cool dude.. Then either continues to boot up or hit left side to recovery.. What are you getting?

Knock knock G2

KaChow

Reaction score
I have the Verizon Note 3 in 4.3 JB and it is rooted (verified). I have installed Safestrap from the link and installed the recovery with success. On reboot i get a black screen and then normal rooted custom load screen with no safestrap option. I have tried re-installing safestrap and busybox with the same results. USB Debugging is selected as well as allow mock locations. Any suggestions?

Make sure that "Unknown Sources" is checked in Security within Settings and that you are installing Safestrap version 3.71. Do Not install 3.72 it will not work on JB4.3.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

OP
asandler311

asandler311

Reaction score
I do have 3.72 installed. I will uninstall and let you know but I have an inclination that your right. Thanks!:biggrin:
Make sure that "Unknown Sources" is checked in Security within Settings and that you are installing Safestrap version 3.71. Do Not install 3.72 it will not work on JB4.3.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

OP
asandler311

asandler311

Reaction score
Okay so that worked for safestrap, but it appears I have bricked my phone. I followed the instructions to getting 4.4 and now the phone won't turn on. It will only go into the load screen (vol down/pwr button/home button). Nothing else works. Any suggestions on this?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Follow this thread instructions.. Getting into download mode is good news.. That means no brick and you can flash the leaked Kitkat firmware.. Check the MD5 of the files you download always a first before flashing..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2543386
***How To ROOT, Install Recovery & Flash Roms On Verizon RETAIL Note 3***

Knock knock G2

OP
asandler311

asandler311

Reaction score
I really appreciate all the help! I tried running the kernel file and it is doing the same thing. My phone will go to the Samsung Splash screen and then either go black or white. nothing else. I can I cannot get to the recovery boot (power/Vol up/ home) I can only get to the install screen (Vol dpwn/Pwr/Home). I Can successfully run Oden and it reboots with no success. I am at a loss. I think it happened in Safestrap when i was installing it on that. Any suggestions?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Which file are you flashing in Odin? You should not have to worry on SS if the firmware in Odin flashes correctly..

Knock knock G2

OP
asandler311

asandler311

Reaction score
Thank you very much for the help. I didn't realize that tar files needed to be extracted by a different program than unrar. I managed to get my phone back to life with your help! Thanks again!