Safestrap for Bionic?

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hello all. I have some questions but here is some background first.

I am familiar with rooting, mods, hacks, etc...but the Bionic is the first device I have owned with a crazy encrypted bootloader that one cannot get into recovery manually with a key combo.

I rooted my Bionic and installed P3's 5.5.893 leak, froze bloat, installed bootstrap and made a couple backups using bootstrap to get into recovery.

I have been reading about safestrap.....

1. Safestrap seems like a good option incase I mess with things and get stuck in a bootloop correct?

2. If I get stuck in a bootloop I can just pull battery, restart device and enter recovery from safestrap boot screen correct?

3. I realize I need to uninstall bootstrap first before using safestrap, but I have already used bootstrap. Will that mess with safestrap? Do I need to delete the CWR folders on my sdcard first?

4. Are there specific roms/mods that do not work with safestrap?

Thank you.

wilboy

Reaction score
Well,safestrap is fun(at least,for me)it seems like you have 2 O/S in one computer(just enable it to use your "new' ROM and disable it if you want to go back to your original ROM).Yep,your right,you have to delete the CWR(bootstrap)first.Actually i just tried this safestrap using ICS4 bionic (Alpha7), i don't know if any other ROM can possibly work to this..but i heard from someone that it does work in other ROM.

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well,safestrap is fun(at least,for me)it seems like you have 2 O/S in one computer(just enable it to use your "new' ROM and disable it if you want to go back to your original ROM).Yep,your right,you have to delete the CWR(bootstrap)first.Actually i just tried this safestrap using ICS4 bionic (Alpha7), i don't know if any other ROM can possibly work to this..but i heard from someone that it does work in other ROM.

Ok thanks. Gonna load it up in a bit. If I bootloop for any reason while safestrap is enabled, I can just restart phone and boot into safestrap recovery with menu key right?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

wilboy

Reaction score
that's right!
and..oh,don't forget to back up first your main ROM,just saying!

Last edited:
OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Up and running with safestrap. Made a backup of main and tried a couple roms out. Its a pretty cool app/mod.