no slingbox compatability....no droid

toobad4droid

Reaction score
After all the hoopla....no slingbox compatablility....very unacceptable. This will go back to verizon on monday december 28,2009 if no fix....and i know im not the only one. Hope it gets taken care of or i'll wait for iphone to come out on verizon early next year and then itll b good luck to droid cuz ull need it. Get it right or dont do it at all. Hope done by sunday or goooooooood byyyyyyyye droid!

ldimick

Reaction score
What a troll! Good thing you didn't hold Apple to the same expectation.

darreno1

Reaction score
With a little work and the right hardware, Orb can function the same way on Android. It won't be as turnkey as a slingbox but it works.

I'm sure as Android becomes more popular Sling Media will eventually release a player. It's all about the mighty buck.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yea Google is responsible for Slingbox not being compatible. I'm taking mine back too, along with the other 19,000 droidforum users. Glad you pointed this out to us.

boatman2220

Reaction score
Slingbox is a device that streams media from one source to another. That's the trimmed down description. Media from PC to TV, media from TV to PC.

ronimous

Reaction score
Yeah...the Iphone had Slingbox capabilities within 3 months of it's release too...

lol

Akitakan

Reaction score
OMG, Doesn't have Slingbox! With all the things this phone does and will do in the future, I guess it's a valid deal killer. NOT! Some people want the world right out of the box. Great things happen to those who wait.