no slingbox compatability....no droid

boatman2220

Reaction score
There is a stand alone player, just like there is a ITouch for the people that just have to have all of Apple's game's and apps.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OMG, Doesn't have Slingbox! With all the things this phone does and will do in the future, I guess it's a valid deal killer. NOT! Some people want the world right out of the box. Great things happen to those who wait.
That's why it was suggested this could be a Troll. And, in the meantime, downloading ORB is an alternative until the greatest app ever conceived - slingbox - is available on the Droid. By the way, in all my years using a cell phone I never used Slingbox and honestly doubt I'll ever be using it in the forseeable future.

Slighter

Reaction score
With a little work and the right hardware, Orb can function the same way on Android. It won't be as turnkey as a slingbox but it works.

I'm sure as Android becomes more popular Sling Media will eventually release a player. It's all about the mighty buck.
You know it. They have got to be seeing the numbers. I'm sure a lot of devs didn't expect so many users to adopt the OS so quickly. I'm waiting, when it comes...........icing on the cake.

Sweet Daddy

Reaction score
With a little work and the right hardware, Orb can function the same way on Android. It won't be as turnkey as a slingbox but it works.

I'm sure as Android becomes more popular Sling Media will eventually release a player. It's all about the mighty buck.
You know it. They have got to be seeing the numbers. I'm sure a lot of devs didn't expect so many users to adopt the OS so quickly. I'm waiting, when it comes...........icing on the cake.

Patience grasshoppa! I'm sure it's coming.

brucin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
Slingbox mobile worked so poorly on my q9m that I refused to purchase it. If the android version is just as bad I won't be purchasing that either. Orb works fine for me.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
QFT :)
We're only 2 months into the life of 2.0..... what's the rush? LOL

will.anaya

Reaction score
After all the hoopla....no slingbox compatablility....very unacceptable. This will go back to verizon on monday december 28,2009 if no fix....and i know im not the only one. Hope it gets taken care of or i'll wait for iphone to come out on verizon early next year and then itll b good luck to droid cuz ull need it. Get it right or dont do it at all. Hope done by sunday or goooooooood byyyyyyyye droid!

wait, now everyone. i whole heartedly agreewith toobad4droid. when the droid came out, it promised a lot of things, all you have to do is look at the website. remember.

and then when i woke up christmas morning seeing my droid still on the dock and not cooking me breakfast, that was my breaking point. the nerve that my droid is incapable of such basic tasks! Monday, it goes back.

boatman2220

Reaction score
I've had mine 2 months or so and have been watching and waiting for it to transform into a robot or something. If this bad boy doesn't hurry up and do something, well. LOL

inahaz

Reaction score
Flash Player = Slingbox capability?

I'm a slingbox user and my wife and I both have droids. We are looking forward to having the capability of linking to our home Tivo network via slingbox (which includes our Netflix online account, media server, pics, music, cable TV, etc.). By no means is this a droid dealbreaker for me though (I'm coming from a flip phone!)

My thought is, that the slingbox.com web interface will work once a flash player is released for the android OS (which adobe has stated will happen Q1 of 2010). Rather than waiting for a droid application, I'm under the impression the slingbox site will work once this rolls out.

Am I off base?