no slingbox compatability....no droid

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by toobad4droid, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Palmyra

Palmyra Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey, please keep on topic.. We are not talking about AT&T and iPhone here. :icon_ devil:

2. will.anaya

will.anaya Member

Ratings:
    +0
    wait, now everyone. i whole heartedly agreewith toobad4droid. when the droid came out, it promised a lot of things, all you have to do is look at the website. remember.

and then when i woke up christmas morning seeing my droid still on the dock and not cooking me breakfast, that was my breaking point. the nerve that my droid is incapable of such basic tasks! Monday, it goes back.

3. specmac

specmac Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
  4. boatman2220

boatman2220 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've had mine 2 months or so and have been watching and waiting for it to transform into a robot or something. If this bad boy doesn't hurry up and do something, well. LOL

5. Slighter

Slighter Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Go here if you haven't and make your voice heard. (sign up log on etc...) Android OS - Droid

6. inahaz

inahaz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Flash Player = Slingbox capability?

I'm a slingbox user and my wife and I both have droids. We are looking forward to having the capability of linking to our home Tivo network via slingbox (which includes our Netflix online account, media server, pics, music, cable TV, etc.). By no means is this a droid dealbreaker for me though (I'm coming from a flip phone!)

My thought is, that the slingbox.com web interface will work once a flash player is released for the android OS (which adobe has stated will happen Q1 of 2010). Rather than waiting for a droid application, I'm under the impression the slingbox site will work once this rolls out.

Am I off base?

7. garyhesq

garyhesq New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You need a Droid compatible application to run on the phone in order to connect to the slingbox and control it.

8. JayMonster

JayMonster Member

Ratings:
    +1
    This is my favorite troll line.

:popcorn:

9. JohnnyDroid

JohnnyDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The op might be a troll but why have a freaking meltdown over someone not digging your new toy? The slingbox isn't for everyone but if you live half your life on the road it's awesome, and let's face it, we're waiting for the Droid to do TV. Tv.com is a joke. Youtube works ok in low-def but when you bump it up to hi-def it freezes repeatedly.

The beauty of the Slingbox is that it ties into your DVR meaning that you can d/l all your favorite shows and watch them from anywhere. You can even program it from on the road.

No I'm not returning my Droid, but I do want Slingbox (or at least FLASH FOR ANDROID!!!).

10. JayMonster

JayMonster Member

Ratings:
    +1
    It is not about the Slingbox. Nobody is knocking Slingbox. Sure for those that use it, it would be cool if there is an app. But from him user name on down, he is a troll. You come into a forum for people that like a product and go and bash it... for what? It is not like it is a "surprise" that Slingbox hasn't released a client for it yet. And if that is the sole reason you do or don't buy a specific phone... rather than a phone, I think a life is needed to acquired.

11. MissEvoIXMR

MissEvoIXMR Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Lol I think u all scarred him away he hasn't posted once since he opened the thread... or maybe he did already return it???

12. inahaz

inahaz New Member

Ratings:
    +0

I'm not doubting you, but please elaborate. I can hit my sling boxes with my computer browser with only flash installed. (I'm not running any other program.. plus the tivo remote is available.) I've done this on several other computers with only a browser. Why wouldn't it be the same using the browser on the phone with flash? What is missing?

Search tags for this page

slingbox app compatible with galaxy s4?

slingbox compatibility with galaxy s3

slingbox from galaxy s3 to tv