No market?

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've never used Cyanogen before so if I'm missing something obvious feel free to let me know.
But, I installed the latest build and I have no market.
I can only assume I missed something somewhere but I don't know what or why I wouldn't have it. Help please

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Factory reset is the only thing I've seen reinstall the market. Maybe someone else has a better idea..?

DroidForums junkie!

OP
Dj Carpenter

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
I did one before I installed but I will try another and see if that helps. I hope one of these two ideas work because so far, this is one of two ROMs that I can flash onto my phone without having problems. And I haven't downloaded the google apps yet and I hadn't yet because I was gonna see how this runs on my phone because my replacement has issues with just about every ROM made with overheating. I didn't think it would take away my market but I will definitely try it.
While I have you two guys here(somewhat off topic), but are either of you familiar with Metamorph?

EDIT: It also didn't prompt me to sign into my Google account or take me through any of the steps at start up either. But I'm unfamiliar with how Cyanogen works but to me that was pretty unusual. I also tried signing in in the settings but it was set up different asking about domains and what not

Last edited:

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I tried to figure MM out once and it was over my head. Never heard of a ROM causing the market to disappear and Google problems. Did you make a backup first?

I did one before I installed but I will try another and see if that helps. I hope one of these two ideas work because so far, this is one of two ROMs that I can flash onto my phone without having problems. And I haven't downloaded the google apps yet and I hadn't yet because I was gonna see how this runs on my phone because my replacement has issues with just about every ROM made with overheating. I didn't think it would take away my market but I will definitely try it.
While I have you two guys here(somewhat off topic), but are either of you familiar with Metamorph?

EDIT: It also didn't prompt me to sign into my Google account or take me through any of the steps at start up either. But I'm unfamiliar with how Cyanogen works but to me that was pretty unusual. I also tried signing in in the settings but it was set up different asking about domains and what not

DroidForums junkie!

dpaine88

Reaction score
Yea try installing GAPPS, see if that works.

Market is a GAPP so that would make sense if you don't have them not to see it. If you still have Maps/Navigation etc, then you do have GAPPS.

To sign into your Google Account, go into Settings --> Accounts and Sync-->> Add Account-->> Google Account.

If you havn't downloaded GAPPS, and did a full wipe before coming to CM, then that is probably the problem.

I've used MM a little bit, maybe I can help. Whats the question? :)

dpaine88

Reaction score
Oh, and YOU DID do a full wipe prior to installing CM right?

OP
Dj Carpenter

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
I tried to figure MM out once and it was over my head. Never heard of a ROM causing the market to disappear and Google problems. Did you make a backup first?

DroidForums junkie!

Haha yeah, I'm wanting to learn. I watched a video and it had some nice perks but apparently you have to download certain themes or something. I'm not sure. Hopefully I'll figure that out so I can choose what to theme and what not.
And well, not of my most recent ROM but my failsafe one, yes. The one I just had before this was basically what I'm doing with this one. I'm installing all the ROMs I haven't tried which few are left, to see if my phone will run decent with them. So, the one before this I had pretty much just flashed so I didn't lose anything and it's still on my card for easy access

dpaine88

Reaction score
Metamorph , from my small knowledge, breaks down the theme's into parts. It also doesnt matter the ROM with MM.

I've only used it for the Droid 2 Glowing Battery Icon.

Basically download a MM theme, and open metamorph, find the .zip open it. Then pick what parts(or all) of it and hit apply.

OP
Dj Carpenter

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea try installing GAPPS, see if that works.

Market is a GAPP so that would make sense if you don't have them not to see it. If you still have Maps/Navigation etc, then you do have GAPPS.

To sign into your Google Account, go into Settings --> Accounts and Sync-->> Add Account-->> Google Account.

If you havn't downloaded GAPPS, and did a full wipe before coming to CM, then that is probably the problem.

I've used MM a little bit, maybe I can help. Whats the question? :)

The GAPPS it was. Thank you! Both of you. And that's what I tried doing but when I would try to sign it, it was trying to do an exchange email with domains rather than my google account. But now that I have the GAPPS it let me install properly. Seems like a lot to keep up. Constant nightly builds, updated GAPPS, etc. But, if it works on my phone, it's worth it. Does anyone even make themes for this since it updates so much?

And well, I watched a video on how to use it, and I was reading the comments and every theme the people were trying to install wouldn't work. They kept getting error messages, etc, so are there only certain themes that you can use for metamorph? He made it sound like you could download whatever them you pleased. I also read a tutorial on how to use it and it was many more times complicated than the video so that confuses me a little bit if they're both that much different than one another

dpaine88

Reaction score
Yea MM requires MM-Specific themes.

Good to see it worked out for you man!

The nightlies is up to you man, don't have to install them daily or at all if you don't want to.

From now on though, you won't need to re-install GAPPS unless they update it and you want the latest version. I flash it maybe once a month?

You can do nightlies, stick with stable builds, or only do RC's. Up to you man.

OP
Dj Carpenter

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Metamorph , from my small knowledge, breaks down the theme's into parts. It also doesnt matter the ROM with MM.

I've only used it for the Droid 2 Glowing Battery Icon.

Basically download a MM theme, and open metamorph, find the .zip open it. Then pick what parts(or all) of it and hit apply.

Oops, I already replied before I saw this. Alright, that's how he pretty much explained it in the video. I had someone make the the round battery icon and I needed to install via Metamorph, needless to say, I never got to use it. A couple of other questions if it's not too much trouble, but about other things. To install a boot image logo via RSD Lite, would I do it the same was as I did when I rooted my droid(that's the only time I've used RSD lite) or would I just flash the file to my phone and just wait for it to be done?
And second, if I remember correctly, adb is something you get when you download the android SDK, right? I wanted to install a custom boot image that requires scripts and what not using adb and I think a terminal is involved but I have no idea on how to install anything via adb, any incite?

OP
Dj Carpenter

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
How do you find them? And I think I'll stick to nightlies. I like staying up-to-date with everything and I don't want to miss out on any nice features.
And I thought Cyanogen market had a blue theme to it? I've always seen that with it. Maybe they just did it themselves, I don't know.
Sorry about all the questions, You don't have to answer them or anything, I don't mind. I'm just trying to become a little more experienced so I can create and/or maybe share work, etc, and it's hard getting answers when it's 2 in the morning usually

Yea MM requires MM-Specific themes.

Good to see it worked out for you man!

The nightlies is up to you man, don't have to install them daily or at all if you don't want to.

From now on though, you won't need to re-install GAPPS unless they update it and you want the latest version. I flash it maybe once a month?

You can do nightlies, stick with stable builds, or only do RC's. Up to you man.

OP
Dj Carpenter

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
I didn't know they had different features. Good to know. If I can get Metamorph figured out then I'll be good to go

And thank you!

That's probably the Nexus 1 or G2 build of CyanogenMod.

Glad you got the market working.