No ICS update for atleast 2 months until around november

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Or download the new "Predictor" app. You ask a question and shake the phone (like a Magic 8 Ball). You'll get 2 answers. The first will be a timeframe with things like "Soon" "Shortly" "Next Week" and "Next Quarter." The second line will say where you got it from like "Tech" "2nd Tier Tech" "3rd Tier Tech" "Supervisor" "Developer that's dropped by to say 'Hi' to the techs" "CEO" and "Website I forgot the link to." :biggrin:

Last edited:

welsalex

Reaction score
My bung zone is locked up to no degree due to the shenanigans that I have been exposed to via all the "talk of the town"

jayrod

Reaction score
Vzw and moto reps = incompetent.

But still as many times as it has been delayed i can believe another 2 months is possible.

For all the people who are waiting and have been waiting, just install a leak like 232 and when ota comes out simply flash back and install the official update when it comes out.

I held out until yesterday,hoping news of a soak or OTA had started. So far so good with .232
Of course a BIG thank you goes out to those wonderful people who not only share these finds,but also help the rest of us get that much more out of our phones

....and help us when we screw stuff up :hail:

OP
K

kdlawren

Reaction score
I did not call asking.g about when ICS was going to be release, i called after writing a lengthy complaint about the terrible connectivity issues i have been having with my 4g. The guy first ran me through the questions about my software and asked what all has been done to correct the problem through verizon and then told me i could mail the phone in to their technical support center. I told them that was not an option and he told me to hold on to see if there sre any current software fixes and came back and said that everything on my phone was up to date but there would be an ICS operating system update that would be coming out around november in about 2 months that has been being worked on to fix connectivity issues. I will take this as the info i roll with due to all the "leaked" information i read on these threads and websites never panning out and i got this info from someone who was reading it off the computer and works for the company. But i guess only time will tell if all verizon and motorola service reps stupid.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
So many of these "this update will be out this week", "we're never getting this update", and "I talked to so and so rep who said" threads pop up every time an update is announced. Just sit back and wait, it will be ok, life will go on regardless of when ics is released.

As many have said, if you hate gb so much install and ics leak.

kdivine981

Reaction score
zirkdog said:
I believe calling Moto and asking to speak to the tier 1,2, or 3 reps gets you a direct transfer to "Ricky" the summer intern.

Funniest thing I've read all morning

wheeler062505

Reaction score
kdlawren said:
I did not call asking.g about when ICS was going to be release, i called after writing a lengthy complaint about the terrible connectivity issues i have been having with my 4g. The guy first ran me through the questions about my software and asked what all has been done to correct the problem through verizon and then told me i could mail the phone in to their technical support center. I told them that was not an option and he told me to hold on to see if there sre any current software fixes and came back and said that everything on my phone was up to date but there would be an ICS operating system update that would be coming out around november in about 2 months that has been being worked on to fix connectivity issues. I will take this as the info i roll with due to all the "leaked" information i read on these threads and websites never panning out and i got this info from someone who was reading it off the computer and works for the company. But i guess only time will tell if all verizon and motorola service reps stupid.

Gee I wonder what the odds are that he said this just to **** people up for a while so that these techs could breath a little. I think that its coming very soon but in case there is a problem they don't want us coming back and complaining that you said it was going to be released on such and such date.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

Was he really "reading it off the computer" or just said that he was? Unfortunately, as has been pointed out, news like this should be all over the web, but I can't find any. It's hard to believe it would be that easy to get a release window. Wouldn't that be betraying company confidentiality?

Still, I can't say it's wrong. When everyone was on .893, the .901 update came out OTA to a few. Droid Life said that .902 was the official update, based on an email a friend received. This was dismissed, but the OTA update was .902, not .901.

Take a look at Motorola Droid Bionic Ice Cream Sandwich Update: Lessons Learned

Forget About Release Windows

Stop listening to companies when they talk about roll out windows for updates. It will get you nowhere. HTC and Verizon promised the HTC Rezound ICS update for June or July, It rolled out in August.

Motorola promised the Droid Bionic update for early Q3. We’re now in mid-August. This shows that these companies are willing to forsake these promised dates and not apologize for doing so.

Silence Isn’t Golden

Motorola and Verizon remain silent about the Droid Bionic Ice Cream Sandwich roll out. In fact, they’ve stayed mum on the subject ever since it was announced. This is typical.
While owners possess a zillion questions about the release date or the software itself, carriers and manufacturers will generally keep owners out of the loop.

I find it interesting that if you try to go to Motorola Forums (with the "Early Q3" window) at https://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c you get an error message about certificates.

Last edited:

wheeler062505

Reaction score
wheeler062505 said:
Gee I wonder what the odds are that he said this just to **** people up for a while so that these techs could breath a little. I think that its coming very soon but in case there is a problem they don't want us coming back and complaining that you said it was going to be released on such and such date.

The word in astricks was supposed to be shut.

CPKIII

Reaction score
Does any one realize the Droid 4 just got updated, and the Bionic is listed in the same time frame? Maybe, just maybe Moto is trying to ease the load on their servers, and not push through 2 major phone upgrades at once.

As a person working in IT and process management, that makes the most since to me. I am not making a prediction of release just a statement of what would be best practice from Moto's side.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Like others said, let them fix the bugs before they push it out..I'd rather wait then be frustrated.