Official OTA ICS for The Droid Bionic Due In September Say Motorola Rep.

phildavis516

Reaction score
I am amazed at how Verizon and Motorola treat their customers. I work in the automotive service industry and if I treated my customers the way Moto and Verizon do....i.e. no information.....I would have lost my job years ago. Is it too much to ask that they just tell Bionic owners something??

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
phildavis516 said:
I am amazed at how Verizon and Motorola treat their customers. I work in the automotive service industry and if I treated my customers the way Moto and Verizon do....i.e. no information.....I would have lost my job years ago. Is it too much to ask that they just tell Bionic owners something??

Its not Motorola.its Verizon

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Well, if they want to keep the Q3 date they have till the end of this month.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Actually with 242 leaked it's incredibly likely. I was serious about my 14 to 19 guess.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Me too. It'd be nice to already be running the ota for 3 weeks when it comes out. :)

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Jester429

Reaction score
jgiannettict said:
I just chatted with a rep from motorola who says the Offical ICS update will be released in september ....when in sept. is anyones guess... my guess is sept.31.

I was told early last month the same thing.... good luck guys. Ive moved on to a razr...

Tonik

Reaction score
Its not Motorola.its Verizon

I am not so sure about that. If VZ was delaying testing the final version then there would be an absence of new leaks. What I am saying is 242 just got leaked...which leads me to believe Moto is still working on it. If 242 is the final version then certainly any delay from this point forward is on VZ but prior to 242 it is on Moto.

And also remember the schedule was published by Moto, they have been dealing with VZ long enough to know what the process is and how long it takes.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I am not so sure about that. If VZ was delaying testing the final version then there would be an absence of new leaks. What I am saying is 242 just got leaked...which leads me to believe Moto is still working on it. If 242 is the final version then certainly any delay from this point forward is on VZ but prior to 242 it is on Moto.

And also remember the schedule was published by Moto, they have been dealing with VZ long enough to know what the process is and how long it takes.

Not true. Moto builds them, sends them to VZW to certify, and.....VZW rejects them. So Moto does another build, same process. Over and over again. If Moto had their way, they'd just release the darn thing instead of this 3 week nonsense that VZW insists on. Didn't seem to help the RAZR people except to delay a shoddy build for 3 weeks. Ours has been delayed even longer because apparently VZW hasn't been satisfied with any of the builds so far. I'm hearing that 242 is Moto's attempt to satisfy all their requirements. We shall see.