No ICS update for atleast 2 months until around november

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
eh im not in any hurry i would rather wait then take a chance and brick my phone not really that tech savvy when it comes to phones in the rooting and installing leaks and what not, i will just wait no biggy i don't have 4gLTE were i live yet anyway, and i don't want to have to go back to my D1 cause i brick my bionic, lol

Reaction score
Not everyone can get a nexus if u dont have a bionic go to the nexus thread plus most people love there bionic my for instance after some modifications beats the crap out of the nexus an is almost on par with the asus transformer prime performance wise here are some benchmark pics from quadrant and antutu

How did you get the clock that high? Max mine will go is 1.2

debrad0307

Reaction score
Stop sweating it. You'll get ICS when you get it. If you don't want to wait for the ota just install the leak. From what I understand ICS is being delayed because of Verizon, not Motorola. And I highly doubt any rep at Motorola or Verizon are going to know when it will be released. All they do is reset voicemail passwords and assist with account questions.

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
debrad0307 said:
Stop sweating it. You'll get ICS when you get it. If you don't want to wait for the ota just install the leak. From what I understand ICS is being delayed because of Verizon, not Motorola. And I highly doubt any rep at Motorola or Verizon are going to know when it will be released. All they do is reset voicemail passwords and assist with account questions.

That's the way! Lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

welsalex

Reaction score
I'm putting a lot of hope in for a soak test to start friday. Two more days and hopefully some good news!

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
welsalex said:
I'm putting a lot of hope in for a soak test to start friday. Two more days and hopefully some good news!

I highly doubt it but I hope so! I hate to see how they are leaving us to be one of the last ones to get the update

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

segordon

Reaction score
He said he Hopes there will be a soak test this Friday.

O and I have to say that I got tired of my kindle fire having ics and not my bionic, so I took the plunge and installed .232 and I have to say, MUCH SMOOTHER!!dancedroid . I even messed something up when flashing the 1% battery mod the first time that I had to fxz back to 905. But on the second time around with the battery mod, everything went smoothly. Not that the first update to ics didn't. That went smoothly also, but im picky and impatient so seeing how my kindle has 1% battery, I had to make the bionic have it also. And needlessly to say, I rushed through the mod and got stuck on the droid eye boot screen and wouldn't go any further. So I spent my morning and afternoon getting back to 905 then back to 223. But i'm happy now. For now that is.

Last edited:

dlcramer

Reaction score
Just to add to paranoia and conspiracy theories..... I wouldn't be surprised if Verizon is holding out BECAUSE the Bionic is coming up on a year old hoping people with unlimited data switch phones.

Don't know about everyone else that got theirs last September but I have a number of emails and a flier from big red offering me a chance to upgrade this line specifically when I have 3 others on my plan that are older. Ofcourse i have to lose unlimited data and pay the upgrade fee! DOH!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Droidram56

Reaction score
dlcramer said:
Just to add to paranoia and conspiracy theories..... I wouldn't be surprised if Verizon is holding out BECAUSE the Bionic is coming up on a year old hoping people with unlimited data switch phones.

Don't know about everyone else that got theirs last September but I have a number of emails and a flier from big red offering me a chance to upgrade this line specifically when I have 3 others on my plan that are older. Ofcourse i have to lose unlimited data and pay the upgrade fee! DOH!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I got my Bionic last September but haven't received such an e-mail from VZW. However, there are 2 other lines on my plan that become upgrade-eligible before I do.

nri1998

Reaction score
He said he Hopes there will be a soak test this Friday.

O and I have to say that I got tired of my kindle fire having ics and not my bionic, so I took the plunge and installed .223 and I have to say, MUCH SMOOTHER!!dancedroid . I even messed something up when flashing the 1% battery mod the first time that I had to fxz back to 905. But on the second time around with the battery mod, everything went smoothly. Not that the first update to ics didn't. That went smoothly also, but im picky and impatient so seeing how my kindle has 1% battery, I had to make the bionic have it also. And needlessly to say, I rushed through the mod and got stuck on the droid eye boot screen and wouldn't go any further. So I spent my morning and afternoon getting back to 905 then back to 223. But i'm happy now. For now that is.

Not to prolong this issue but what he said was he has lot of hope in the soak test that is coming out this Friday. I thought he meant the quality of the product coming out this Friday for soak test.

rbowles

Reaction score
Droid 4 Install Official ICS OTA Update 6.6.217 now availagle

dancedroid Droid 4 Install Official ICS OTA Update 6.6.217 has been released today just updated!

CurGeorge8

Reaction score
dancedroid Droid 4 Install Official ICS OTA Update 6.6.217 has been released today just updated!
Ummmm..... The Droid 4 soak was last week, and it's been available for pull since the 18th.