ICS to be pushed next month fact or fiction?

kaylesworth

Reaction score
Fiction!!! It took them 3 months to release a cheesy update that seemed to fix nothing and actually made my phone drop data more frequently and have a BSOD every other day. A whole new version of Android should take about a year. I'm holding out for 2013 is when we'll see ICS or within 6 months AFTER the next version of Android is announced by Google.

bladerunn3r

Reaction score
Careful what you wish for. I want ICS as much as the next guy, but from my personal experience, official updates seem to screw things up as often as they fix things or add features. No data drops on my bionic until I updated to 893. Then there was the gingerbread update that that hobbled by droidx. So I am optimistically cautious about ICS

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
Here's one fact that you guys can count on: Verizon doesn't know the answers to your questions. They just know how to sell you a product and keep you interested in their brand. They always have some sort of motive to what they tell you.

I wouldn't be too cynical. While you're right that Verizon probably doesn't have the answer to this particular question, the Droid-Life article I linked to earlier links to Moto's owner's forum, which will have the timeline shortly. And I'm pretty sure they know that once they post the ICS timeline they'll be held accountable to stick to it, at least for the most part. They've already yanked us around enough with the release date; it would be in their best interest to stick to whatever deadline they post.

From the Moto forum:

A note about Ice Cream Sandwich:
We are planning to upgrade DROID RAZR™ by Motorola, Motorola RAZR™, Motorola XOOM™ and DROID BIONIC™ by Motorola to Ice Cream Sandwich. We will provide more precise guidance on timing after post-public push of Ice Cream Sandwich by Google, as well as any possible additions to this list of devices.

zirkdog

Reaction score
Have any of your other predictions come true? You previously posted that 894 was the last pre ics update and that the 893 update was a failure and "broken" and moto was pulling it from the servers. Yet new bionic owners continue to pull the 893 update.
To this and all other predictions i say FICTION.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Sarge maybe you should call back and get your level 3 manager buddy on the phone, I'm sure he'll clarify everything. He's the one who told you that 5.8.894 would be the final release right? Also this time frame doesn't correlate with his original prediction?

Sorry mods, not trying to be a dick here, but let's not forget what happened last time this guy started a rumor, someone needs to come out and say it...albeit this one is slightly more realistic.

rexboe

Reaction score
I would say July before we see ICS we cant even get. 901 released

south

Reaction score
And now .902 is coming to testers, believe it when im using it on my device.

Sent from my DROID BICECREMEONIC! using DroidForums

lvclubkid

Reaction score
I say fiction too......still waiting on 901 and now 902 would love to see any update within the next 30 days. Side note 893 has been great. I think Verizon is gettng the bugs worked out with the 4G network. My signal has been great the last few days zero drops. Forever rooted Bionic. Blur growing on me.

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have any of your other predictions come true? You previously posted that 894 was the last pre ics update and that the 893 update was a failure and "broken" and moto was pulling it from the servers. Yet new bionic owners continue to pull the 893 update.
To this and all other predictions i say FICTION.

Yeah i do appologize about those last predictions moto has a talent for jerking people around to make them a happy customer an them leave them out to dry when there find out so i was quite disappointed in myself when i found out i just spread motos lies to the community

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sarge maybe you should call back and get your level 3 manager buddy on the phone, I'm sure he'll clarify everything. He's the one who told you that 5.8.894 would be the final release right? Also this time frame doesn't correlate with his original prediction?

Sorry mods, not trying to be a dick here, but let's not forget what happened last time this guy started a rumor, someone needs to come out and say it...albeit this one is slightly more realistic.

Thats why this time i asked the community for there opinion this time instead of having moto pull one over on me again boy u got to hate it when someone pulls one over on u

bbtkd

Reaction score
And now .902 is coming to testers, believe it when im using it on my device.

Sent from my DROID BICECREMEONIC! using DroidForums

I just got ICS on my Xoom Wifi, so I have to suspect Moto has gotten ICS for the Bionic to Vzw by now for testing. I think it's reasonable that they might not bother releasing 902 unless ICS is delayed.

zirkdog

Reaction score
Yeah i do appologize about those last predictions moto has a talent for jerking people around to make them a happy customer an them leave them out to dry when there find out so i was quite disappointed in myself when i found out i just spread motos lies to the community

Maybe it's time to call it quits from the prediction business and just enjoy your phone. We'll get it, when we get it.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just got ICS on my Xoom Wifi, so I have to suspect Moto has gotten ICS for the Bionic to Vzw by now for testing. I think it's reasonable that they might not bother releasing 902 unless ICS is delayed.

ICS on the XOOM is different I believe because that is a vanilla google experience device...no blur. If moto has to add their blur interface into ICS then it will take longer.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk