ICS to be pushed next month fact or fiction?

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
I called verizon today a to report a black out in my area but some how we ended up talking about ICS for the droid bionic. he said the ICS would be pushed out at the end of feb cuz verzion was in the last stages of reviewing the ICS update before being pushed out to the populace. I called tier 2 tech at moto just to make sure an he confirmed that moto is waiting for approval before pushing out our long awaited soft served ice cream. So the question is should we believe that our long awaited day has come or is it just another all to common disappointment?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I'm going to say fiction, but who knows. A lot of manufactures like SE and Huawei have ICS builds ready so maybe.

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm going to say fiction, but who knows. A lot of manufactures like SE and Huawei have ICS builds ready so maybe.

I hope its not fiction cuz like u said those other manufactures have ICS builds but as we all know moto has a talent for disappointing us. plus instead of working on ICS they come out with 2 new phones an one of them u cant consider a new phone aka razr maxx. all they did was add an accessory to it. i cant believe they passed that off as a new phone but anyways i do hope this rumor is true

bilbobaggins

Reaction score
It could be true. The original projections were for February 2012. Other devices have been shipped with it so we know it's a functioning package. Of course since I work in development at my company I know that deadlines are rarely met.

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd say fiction... For now. I wouldn't believe anything some voice on the phone tells you, no matter what they say their position of authority is. I'll believe it once it's published in writing. Speaking of which, there was a post in Droid-Life that says our answer should come shortly enough:

Motorola in the Midst of Updating Their Software Upgrade Timeline, Which Devices Will See Ice Cream Sandwich and When? – Droid Life

So the question is if other companies are pushing out ICS updates like clock work. Then whats the hold up with moto cuz i have a friend with a HTC (dont know what model) an he received an ICS upfate 2 weeks ago an the phone is at least 4 months older than the bionic. What the heck

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
According to the droid life article they cannot do math correctly. Also I wouldn't take half the things they say as solid statements. But they could be right, who knows. The fact is that a) don't believe a single thing that Verizon tells you and b) don't believe a projection that droid life makes. They both are biased by certain factors.

I am sticking by my statements that it is coming in March. Plus blur ICS will probably look pretty similar to what we already have.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
So the question is if other companies are pushing out ICS updates like clock work. Then whats the hold up with moto cuz i have a friend with a HTC (dont know what model) an he received an ICS upfate 2 weeks ago an the phone is at least 4 months older than the bionic. What the heck

I don't think that's correct. ICS has not been pushed to any device yet. The Rezound received a "leak", but it's not even a fully functional build yet.

billcows

Reaction score
I tried to turn in my phone for a replacement last week amd verizon told me to hold off because the ics was coming this week
Here we are on friday with no update. They are full of crap. Returning my phone today. Its the last moto i will ever own.

Jongbum

Reaction score
Same here. Have a Rezound on its way!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

DeSoto

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I look forward to ICS simply because I want to play with it
But I'm in no hurry
Finally after .901 everything on my phone works rock solid
I'm almost afraid to change anything for fear of messing it up

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm going to go with fiction too. When each someone calls Verizon there's a different answer.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here's one fact that you guys can count on: Verizon doesn't know the answers to your questions. They just know how to sell you a product and keep you interested in their brand. They always have some sort of motive to what they tell you.