No ICS update for atleast 2 months until around november

JohnFH

Reaction score
Grain/block of salt time again: I called Verizon tech support & spoke w/"Scott." He said that he found a memo dtd Aug 17 stating that the Bionic is scheduled for the ICS OTA "in the coming months."

Reaction score
Grain/block of salt time again: I called Verizon tech support & spoke w/"Scott." He said that he found a memi dtd Aug 17 stating that the Bionic is scheduled for the ICS OTA "in the coming months."

What a coincidence! I am scheduled never to buy another Moto device "in the coming years"!

JohnFH

Reaction score
Underwater Mike said:
What a coincidence! I am scheduled never to buy another Moto device "in the coming years"!

You nailed it! I'm with you on this.

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
JohnFH said:
Grain/block of salt time again: I called Verizon tech support & spoke w/"Scott." He said that he found a memo dtd Aug 17 stating that the Bionic is scheduled for the ICS OTA "in the coming months."

Well we are way past that lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Reaction score
Underwater Mike said:

Couldn't say it any better. I love my bionic. Its not its fault it was born a Motorola. Next device will definitely be a nexus device, or if I'm strapped for cash at the time, whatever HTC brings to the table.

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Battle_Chimera said:
Couldn't say it any better. I love my bionic. Its not its fault it was born a Motorola. Next device will definitely be a nexus device, or if I'm strapped for cash at the time, whatever HTC brings to the table.

Yaaa im going to give htc a shot. There been making really great phones the past year or two

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Last edited:

qwas789

Reaction score
C'mon guys. Moto build is still strong. Look at rhe plusses if that's a word.

JayBusa102709

Reaction score
I had an original Incredible till scree shattered in my front pocket. It was a n excellent phone I will definatley purchase HTC for my next phone!

JayBusa102709

Reaction score
Gonna only purchase a phone that has an unlocked boot loader or can be unlocked. No more bull**** lies from Motorola love the phones but both motor and verizon have no respect to customers.

Tonik

Reaction score
I have a completely unsubstantiated theory and no source....straight from my own head. They are stalling so we will be out of warranty when it comes out. If it goes bad or doesn't fix people's issues they are covered. I say that because I can't think of any other reason not to release some of these leaks, they are fine.

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
There are a lot of us that aren't concerned about warranty in the least, give us a solid ICS build (or them, I've already got one) and get the warranty abandonment forms ready. There are a lot of us that would trade our remaining warranty for a bootloader tool. I don't even really care about that either, we'll have a standalone kexec or something for the people that really like blur and custom kernels. If razr in fact gets a port of JB, some dev like dhacker or hashcode will get it ported over to bionic within weeks.

JayBusa102709

Reaction score
Tonik said:
I have a completely unsubstantiated theory and no source....straight from my own head. They are stalling so we will be out of warranty when it comes out. If it goes bad or doesn't fix people's issues they are covered. I say that because I can't think of any other reason not to release some of these leaks, they are fine.

You make an excellent point!!!! Would put anything past motor or verizon...nothing!!!!

JayBusa102709

Reaction score
altspeed said:
There are a lot of us that aren't concerned about warranty in the least, give us a solid ICS build (or them, I've already got one) and get the warranty abandonment forms ready. There are a lot of us that would trade our remaining warranty for a bootloader tool. I don't even really care about that either, we'll have a standalone kexec or something for the people that really like blur and custom kernels. If razr in fact gets a port of JB, some dev like dhacker or hashcode will get it ported over to bionic within weeks.

You make and even better point. Honestly alt who cares about unlock tool for the bionic at this point. Kexec will do what we need it to. Custom kernals here we come!!!!

DunDun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"Sammy Davis" Galaxy Season 6

+1

The Kexec project looks promising but I don't want to deal with safestrap, just give me my friggin unlock tool and I'll sign a waiver!