[ROM] [NIGHTLY] UNOFFICIAL CM9/ICS For Droid 4 For MotoICS Leak

anon117

Reaction score
I have had no issues with YouTube and no issues with the d pad being inverted. I just now noticed the keyboard light issue and now I understand why my batt hasn't been up to snuff like it usually is lol.

stretchs2003

Reaction score
I have had no issues with YouTube and no issues with the d pad being inverted. I just now noticed the keyboard light issue and now I understand why my batt hasn't been up to snuff like it usually is lol.

I haven't used YouTube yet to notice an issue. As for the keyboard light, as best I recall this is not a new issue. I reduce the levels to 50 across all ranges and notice a pretty good increase in battery life. I find it more than bright enough and could probably go lower.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

anon117

Reaction score
Are you going into a specific setting just for the keyboard or brightness in general?

kenji91

Reaction score
I haven't used YouTube yet to notice an issue. As for the keyboard light, as best I recall this is not a new issue. I reduce the levels to 50 across all ranges and notice a pretty good increase in battery life. I find it more than bright enough and could probably go lower.

These are the settings I'm currently using:

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/487189_10151052714433324_292989964_n.jpg

The only time the keyboard light and the touch screen buttons are lit up are when it's VERY dark. Even then, it bothers me that the keyboard light won't shut off when I close it.

25000+ is like direct sunlight. 15000-24999 is daylight, but not directly under the sun. Play around with the settings to adjust them for yourself. You can see what the current setting is by reading the filtered/raw reading at the top.

If you notice that your D4 is using most of its battery life on "Display", this will likely help you immensely. Also, a keyboard setting of "1" is plenty enough to see the keys in the dark. The buttons on the front are either on or off, so 0 or 255.

darkfalcon09

Reaction score
The only time the keyboard light and the touch screen buttons are lit up are when it's VERY dark. Even then, it bothers me that the keyboard light won't shut off when I close it.

The simple way I've found to get around the keyboard light staying on when you shut the screen is with the power bar widget. Just tap the button to switch the auto-lighting off and the keyboard light goes off. If I need to see my keyboard when it's dark I tap and turn it back on. Battery-saver with relatively little hassle.:happy3:

kenji91

Reaction score
The simple way I've found to get around the keyboard light staying on when you shut the screen is with the power bar widget. Just tap the button to switch the auto-lighting off and the keyboard light goes off. If I need to see my keyboard when it's dark I tap and turn it back on. Battery-saver with relatively little hassle.:happy3:

Ahh, but what setting do you use for light most of the day? You could be off-setting any battery savings from the keyboard light by having a brighter screen.

My settings are pretty close to how I want them to be; as dim as possible while being bright enough to comfortably see in all light settings.

By setting the lowest setting to < 9, the keyboard light only comes on in very dark places. I have considered setting it lower (maybe to 5?) but haven't done so yet.

moccor

Reaction score
So is anyone else curious as to why the nightlies stopped?

Most likely due to the Kindle Fire JB port and Droid 3. Hashcode does this for free, so we have to respect that he has other things to work on too.

darkfalcon09

Reaction score
Ahh, but what setting do you use for light most of the day? You could be off-setting any battery savings from the keyboard light by having a brighter screen.

I've found I can see the screen without problem in > 95% of outside lighting conditions with the dimmest setting in the control panel. Perhaps I've trained myself to be a battery saver and now have become accustomed to a dimmer screen than most?

kenji91

Reaction score
I've found I can see the screen without problem in > 95% of outside lighting conditions with the dimmest setting in the control panel. Perhaps I've trained myself to be a battery saver and now have become accustomed to a dimmer screen than most?

It's very possible. I wonder what the dimmest setting in the control panel is, number wise, in the custom brightness edit screen...

Giroux28

Reaction score
how come on the ICS leak i can listen to/watch audio and video mms messages just fine but then on cm9 side every single mms message does not work right :-( this is the ONLY thing making me stay on my unsafe side on the leak, wish there was a workaround for this...

stretchs2003

Reaction score
how come on the ICS leak i can listen to/watch audio and video mms messages just fine but then on cm9 side every single mms message does not work right :-( this is the ONLY thing making me stay on my unsafe side on the leak, wish there was a workaround for this...

I use handcent and have not had any issues with MMS messages. I haven't tried with the native client though.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

Droid_Boi86

Reaction score
Flashed the 07/18 nightly...

Off the boot, noticed that Play Store errors out, Gmail(Google isn't in the Accounts n sync) so anything link with my Gmail errors out

Last edited: