Nexus Dropping on Friday?

xandor

Reaction score
This is, by far, the best thing that I have read all day! Hope it is true, I am so spent from all of this CONJECTURE!

I'm with you...don't know how much more I can take. Good thing I have the day off!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

OP
ice456789

ice456789

Reaction score
More credence to the Friday launch....
1) Spoke to a rep at Costco who said he expects they will receive it on the 20th (most likely for sale on the 21st there). Costco is usually a few days behind on launches but they offer some sweet deals.
2) Nexus just went through the FCC.

oakvad

Reaction score
I'm betting They wont announce its release, they will just launch. Verizon is not pushing this phone at all why would they announce it?
Just a thought.

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
More credence to the Friday launch....
1) Spoke to a rep at Costco who said he expects they will receive it on the 20th (most likely for sale on the 21st there). Costco is usually a few days behind on launches but they offer some sweet deals.
2) Nexus just went through the FCC.

I hope the FCC thing is gd news cause I remember after the Bionic went through FCC it didn't come out for another month.

Sent from my Moto Droid

EVSP

Reaction score
For what it's worth, I'm a member of BJ's wholesale club here in Florida and there's a large Verizon kiosk there so I stopped by and asked if they were going to be carrying the Nexus. The one guy looked at the other guy sitting there and said "What, the Galaxy Nexus? Yeah, we should be getting it at some point." I asked if they knew when they'd have them in and they said "Eventually." So, I asked if they were going to be running any discounts on it being other stores like Costco may have discounts and the guy replied "Um, no. Definitely not. It'll be the same price as all these other smartphones coming out nowadays."
So, if any of you are BJ's members, don't bother looking for discounts there! :blink:

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
Just called the Corporate Verizon # to ask about how I can upgrade my phone (as I am on a family plan) and she said I was eligible and then wanted to go through with the process now. I told her I was waiting for a new phone to come out and then she asked me which one and I told her the Nexus. She laughed and then I asked her if she knew anything and she said just as much as I would know (she assumed I've been reading the blogs and rumors). She said that yes its a great phone to wait for and good luck on the wait. So the corporate offices have been either instructed to say nothing or they really don't know....

The coporate store I went to on Friday when we got my GFs Razr, they asked me if I was ready to use my upgrade and I told them no I was waiting on the GN. The guy that was helping me was very nice, u could tell he knew a lil bit about it when I mentioned it but he didn't give me any dates or anything so basically probably instructed to say nothing.

Sent from my Moto Droid

MrKleen

Reaction score
For what it's worth, I'm a member of BJ's wholesale club here in Florida and there's a large Verizon kiosk there so I stopped by and asked if they were going to be carrying the Nexus. The one guy looked at the other guy sitting there and said "What, the Galaxy Nexus? Yeah, we should be getting it at some point." I asked if they knew when they'd have them in and they said "Eventually." So, I asked if they were going to be running any discounts on it being other stores like Costco may have discounts and the guy replied "Um, no. Definitely not. It'll be the same price as all these other smartphones coming out nowadays."
So, if any of you are BJ's members, don't bother looking for discounts there! :blink:

It really sounds like they didn't care a bit about what they were doing. I am surprised the BJ's in my area is even still open. The place has very low traffic and Christmas is the only time of year they are busy since they give everyone a free month.

fakecodename47

Reaction score
I upgraded to the Rezound today and mentioned to the guy that I heard Samsung was coming out with a phone and he said "the Galaxy Nexus?" I said yea and he said he heard its a really good phone. Another rep got a phone call and came over and said that someone was on the phone asking about a Galaxy Nexus. The guy who just told me the name of the phone(which i obviously already knew) told her that he has never heard of it. Seems like they have been told not to say much.

Donsell

Reaction score
I was in checking out the Rezound today and asked the rep. He said he'd just had training for ICS this morning and was told the Nexus should be out in a week. He then checked his computer and it still said Nov 11.

I don't think the reps know, but at least mine didn't make it sound like it'd be a long wait so I'd buy a Rezound or Razr.