Release must be the 13th

shaggykid

Reaction score
So I called my local Vzw today.. asked about the nexus and the guy said they had them and I could come look at one and play with it. My car is currently beoke down so I had to ride a bike 5 miles to.go see it. I get there and apparently the guy I talked to ledt because this other guy is there. So I ask.anyway only to be told. "We don't have any" which I.know.he's lying. I persist and persist but he insists they have none. And telles me to.come.back in two days...

Long story short... I'm pissed

Sent from your mom's house using my Droid X

BUckeyemike84

Reaction score
Verizon had the chance to really "prove" that "free, word-of-mouth" marketing could work, and had the phone been released the 9th, their marketing team could have considered it a success. At this point, the 9th having passed by with no word, not even a peep, from the Verizon higher-ups, I am starting to believe that what could've been good for the company is now bending them over and screwing them in the ass.

It's VERY quickly gone from "OMG I can't wait!" to "Verizon is the spawn of Satan and only acts at his behest", pretty much all over the internet... and the people who are likely most interested in this phone (a virtually untouched-by-Verizon, OEM-version of ICS, with the hardware to support it now and for the next 2 years going by the fact the CPU is under-clocked) are getting pissed off, rather than excited.

I really just don't comprehend how a company that is held in such high regards, especially when it comes to quality of service (reception, speed, etc), customer service, and such, would let such an opportunity turn on them so quickly.

Blah

I agree and if it weren't for the fact that I can't get the 4G LTE version on ATT. I would leave VZW and go to ATT and say screw U VZW!

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
So I called my local Vzw today.. asked about the nexus and the guy said they had them and I could come look at one and play with it. My car is currently beoke down so I had to ride a bike 5 miles to.go see it. I get there and apparently the guy I talked to ledt because this other guy is there. So I ask.anyway only to be told. "We don't have any" which I.know.he's lying. I persist and persist but he insists they have none. And telles me to.come.back in two days...

You biked 10 miles to play with it?

shaggykid

Reaction score
Yep. I had nothing to do today anyway

shaggykid

Reaction score
Ya well it was supposed to he worth it ... :(

Larry Mahnken

Reaction score

You shouldn't be pissed at the Verizon employees. They've been told that they are not to acknowledge having units in stock. They shouldn't be risking their jobs so you can play with a phone.

uggs2012

Reaction score

so your car is broke down and you are gonna buy a $300 phone? and you are posting from your droidx from my moms house? lemme guess you are like 17-19 ish

iKN0WaGH0ST

Reaction score
You shouldn't be pissed at the Verizon employees. They've been told that they are not to acknowledge having units in stock. They shouldn't be risking their jobs so you can play with a phone.

Think about it though... If we keep bugging the living hell out of them, they will EVENTUALLY start complaining to their managers, and then the managers will start complaining to regional managers, and so on.

nbucko

Reaction score
Think about it though... If we keep bugging the living hell out of them, they will EVENTUALLY start complaining to their managers, and then the managers will start complaining to regional managers, and so on.

Corporate doesn't care how much of a pain this is for managers. Eventually they will just send out a memo saying don't call us to complain about calls regarding the nexus, we don't care.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

goosedeath

Reaction score
I just went in to a corporate vzw store and asked about the nexus.. the guy told me Tuesday, And then set me an appointment to come in and get it.

I don't think he would've made me an appointment if it wasn't gonna be there..
So it looks like Tuesday must be the day !!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

A sale is a sale to a rep. He doesn't really care what he's selling you. You may be sold on the Nexus, but he, will try and sell you what he's alredy got to sell. He's hoping you'll give in and get something they already have. I'd love for this dang phone to release sooner than later.