Nexus Dropping on Friday?

doublea500

Reaction score
you guys have to think about this. at the 18th event they literally announced it was going to be in november. if all the fcc timelines are around a month early, then they would have done it in october/early november

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Technically, they said it would be coming out in the UK in November and everywhere else soon after. Verizon has only said by the end of the year sadly.

jscharf10

Reaction score

Well just as I thought it would... my girlfriend drove me there an I asked them about the galaxy nexis she said specs. Had just showed up in their computer, but if I want to upgrade I should look into the razor or rezound then I explained to her about why I wanted the nexus an explained to her about the phone an why its so special ... your welcome verizon for training your employees

mikeinctown

Reaction score
you guys have to think about this. at the 18th event they literally announced it was going to be in november. if all the fcc timelines are around a month early, then they would have done it in october/early november

You should probably look at the other quotes on when they went to the FCC. In some cases only a few weeks before release.

mikeinctown

Reaction score
Well just as I thought it would... my girlfriend drove me there an I asked them about the galaxy nexis she said specs. Had just showed up in their computer, but if I want to upgrade I should look into the razor or rezound then I explained to her about why I wanted the nexus an explained to her about the phone an why its so special ... your welcome verizon for training your employees

Make some sense. All you have is speculation as to exact specs on the phone and VZW hasn't started training yet. Why the F should they worry about training for a phone they don't have a sale date for yet and which they don't have in stock?

zathus

Reaction score
You guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment I think. My guess would be at best we get to pre order here in the US. Don't think I have seen a phone clear fcc and then launch only a few days later.

True. How long after cleared by the FCC do phones normally take?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

jscharf10

Reaction score
Make some sense. All you have is speculation as to exact specs on the phone and VZW hasn't started training yet. Why the F should they worry about training for a phone they don't have a sale date for yet and which they don't have in stock?

Chill out I'm just sharing my experience. I never said I was giving a answer wether the nexus was coming this Friday or not.

ebe3692

Reaction score
True. How long after cleared by the FCC do phones normally take?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

I believe manufacturers can request confidentiality of FCC clearance for a certain period after the device is actually cleared, so how do we know that it truly just cleared today the FCC or if the confidentiality period ran out today?

EDIT: meh, nevermind looks like the device was submitted on 11/3 so it couldnt have cleared all that long ago even if the results were kept confidential.

BUT it seems like most of the time the fcc clearance is pretty much a foregone conclusion / formality, so no reason that verizon wouldnt have already planned a release date before that.

EDIT 2: cover letter says october 14th, so who knows what those dates on the FCC website actually mean

screw it, im done over-analyzing. this is getting ridiculous.

Last edited:

EllieN

Reaction score
Wasn't the Razr only announced the day before it's release? Maybe there is hope for Friday

Reaction score
I have spoken to several Verizon sales and they all said November 21st for the Nexus. Assuming since they were all in different areas and stores, there must be some truth to it especially since they all said it so matter of fact like. Noy one of them sounded unsure.

Picked up the Razr and love it but I figured the 21st falls within my 14 day return window just in case the Nexus blurred me away.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

doublea500

Reaction score
Wasn't the Razr only announced the day before it's release? Maybe there is hope for Friday

the razr was announced on the 1st of november and it was set on pre-order till the 11th.

EL Lacost

Reaction score
I think the nexus will come next week hopefully before black friday or after atleast

Colima,Mex