Release must be the 13th

aramos87

Reaction score
I just went in to a corporate vzw store and asked about the nexus.. the guy told me Tuesday, And then set me an appointment to come in and get it.

I don't think he would've made me an appointment if it wasn't gonna be there..
So it looks like Tuesday must be the day !!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

nbucko

Reaction score
Not to rain on your parade or anything but how many times has a corporate store told someone an "official" release date or when to come back to buy one only to end up being wrong?

OP
aramos87

aramos87

Reaction score
I'm just posting what I was told and that I have an appointment to go get it based in that.. I guess we will see come Tuesday.

doublea500

Reaction score
sounds odd that you have an "appointment" to buy a phone.

bring backup...

OP
aramos87

aramos87

Reaction score
Yeah I thought the same thing at first.. but I remember my buddy made an appointment for black Friday to get a Xoom and it worked out well for him. So we shall see I guess..

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, it is my birthday so with that in mind how could verizon not release it. I mean I'm kind of a big deal. ;)

doublea500

Reaction score
Yeah I thought the same thing at first.. but I remember my buddy made an appointment for black Friday to get a Xoom and it worked out well for him. So we shall see I guess..

now that i think of it more, it is very weird. especially a retail store! converstion example

you-when will you have that phone in stock
vzw-december 13. lets make an appointment for you to get it. what time is good for you?

and now how the conversation should have went

you=when will you have that phone in stock
vzw-december 13. you can just come in and pick it up then.

nbucko

Reaction score
Why rain on his parade and hope it comes out Tues. :)

We all have hope. Just like we hoped for the last five release dates. Until something comes from verizon I don't think anyone will get their hopes up.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

nleksan

Reaction score
Verizon had the chance to really "prove" that "free, word-of-mouth" marketing could work, and had the phone been released the 9th, their marketing team could have considered it a success. At this point, the 9th having passed by with no word, not even a peep, from the Verizon higher-ups, I am starting to believe that what could've been good for the company is now bending them over and screwing them in the ass.

It's VERY quickly gone from "OMG I can't wait!" to "Verizon is the spawn of Satan and only acts at his behest", pretty much all over the internet... and the people who are likely most interested in this phone (a virtually untouched-by-Verizon, OEM-version of ICS, with the hardware to support it now and for the next 2 years going by the fact the CPU is under-clocked) are getting pissed off, rather than excited.

I really just don't comprehend how a company that is held in such high regards, especially when it comes to quality of service (reception, speed, etc), customer service, and such, would let such an opportunity turn on them so quickly.

Blah