Newbie reasurance

stumbleflyx

Reaction score
Newbie here just got Droid X wondering if I should have waited or got the Fascinate , unit works better than all the new TMobile phones I got (mytouch4g, g2, htc hd7) swype on droidx seems to be a little wierd . Any council or reasurance from anyone ? One more thing had to port my number out of tmobile due to girlfriend issues and this is a busines number so it was time sensitive contract began 12/07/10

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what kind of reassurance you're looking for. The X is a great phone with a large display. But we don't know your needs, and you've posted in an X thread so you're probably going to be getting somewhat bios comments. I have the D2, not the X so my endorsement is without bios. :)

OP
stumbleflyx

stumbleflyx

Reaction score
Cool right good point . Just want to b straight on everything since I will b locked in for 2 years Nexus S looks cool can wr use that on verizon?

OP
stumbleflyx

stumbleflyx

Reaction score
I dont know I want to blog a new website for my band, I have a carpet cleaning business, and I work in entertainment, I would like to.process credit cards, invoices, make videos for band and carpet cleaning company. Also want to have websites for both - also wondering about netbook options or laptop - can I connect a printer to my Dx ? Maybe I can use the DX in Place of a Laptop or netbook for all my mobile needs

OP
stumbleflyx

stumbleflyx

Reaction score
Also I keep getting a login error on facebook and a loose usb mini port

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Nexus S is not a Verizon phone. Samsung has said they have an even better phone coming to Verizon soon. When Gingerbread hits shortly after the new year a lot of new and even-more-awesome phones will be hitting. However, the X should be getting Gingerbread soon after the code hits.

If the port is loose you'll want to take it back and get a new one if you're within the 30-day mark. That kind of issue can become troublesome after a year or two. The Fascinate is a good phone, but it is still on Eclair (2.1) and there are no plans to update it to 2.2 that we're aware of. Rumor has it that Gingerbread will be put on the phone, but that's exactly what it is. Rumor.

OP
stumbleflyx

stumbleflyx

Reaction score
Cool I think I got plan just a tad early I did get lile 75% off on my dx $100 out the door +400 deposit one thing for me to concisder but how envious will I be off mew models guess I could just buy a full price if I had to I just want a current model

OP
stumbleflyx

stumbleflyx

Reaction score
But I am very happy with the price I goy on this unit

OP
stumbleflyx

stumbleflyx

Reaction score
Ohh man I am going phone nuts these things are like crack

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
I still have a Droid 1. I have it rooted and ROM'd and OC'd to 1.2 GHz, but I still have only the Doid 1. I'm stuck with it till January of 2012 unless I either win the lotto or my book starts selling like hotcackes, so how do you think I feel? :D

OP
stumbleflyx

stumbleflyx

Reaction score
Ok so I think I should get used to it whats your book?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Not at all. I personally am stuck till I get my upgrade because I can't afford a $500 outlay for a new phone. If you can afford it, have fun upgrading constantly. :)

Some real hot phones are hitting soon. Do with that knowledge what ye will. ;)

OP
stumbleflyx

stumbleflyx

Reaction score
Ya I was just reading about the droid T2 on phandroid will blow away our phones

potatolover1102

Reaction score
I too just upgraded to a droid x and love it but Im going to have to say its going back in favor of these beast phones set to come out. One I'm sure will be like the x with a front camera and better processor with 4g.