Additional Foreign Currency Exchange Rate Fees?

ChuggzMunny61

Reaction score
Hello, I am a newbie to the Droid family. I got my HTC Incredible on release day and all I can say is that it is light-years ahead of the LG Voyager that I endured for 2 years before the contract was finally over.

I also have an Apple iPod Touch, and iPad, both of which I have purchased apps for, with no problems.

On my Incredible, I was looking at purchasing my first app called the UltimateJuice battery saver, however, I am in the States, and the designer of the app is in the UK. As it is now, I would probably benefit from having the JuiceDefender app on my phone, as I can unplug it in the morning, and by 6 or 7pm in the evening it is calling to be put on the charger again that night. In my mind the battery should be lasting longer than 10 hours a day. I guess I spend more time in the Marketplace than I should to make my Droid battery life so short.

Anyway, the UltimateJuice app shows a price £2.79 in British Pounds, or approximately $3.63 in U.S. dollars, but I know from having ordered items from the UK before, that there will be exchange rate fees added by not only the app designer's bank, but I will also have to pay more exhange rate fees through my own bank.

My iPod touch has 9 pages of apps, some purchased, some free. I am sure that a good number of the Apple App designers aren't all living in America, but somehow the Apple App Store purchase seems to go smoothly without the hassles of a foreign currency exchange rate being tacked on each time I make a purchase from them.

Before I make the purchase of the UltimateJuice app, I am curious to know if anyone living in the States has ordered the UltimateJuice app from the Droid Market or any other app that may have been designed outside the US? Did just one charge appear or more with the exchange rate? I have seen Droid apps priced in British Pounds and Japanese Yen.

I know that a single foreign currency purchase isn't going damage my bank account so badly, but several similar purchases later and the exchange rate fees will eventually start adding up. And that would be money that could go towards the purchase of more apps.

Sorry for such a long explanation. Am I worried about nothing and just being a newbie?

I would appreciate any kind of comments and advice. Flames as well, if there isn't anything else you can think of at the moment that would help me figure out all this new-to-me Droid Market stuff.

Thanks for letting me be a newbie.

Riveyman

Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing. I just did a search and found your post. I guess nobody knows!!!! Hummm...