New V2.0 Galaxy Note 7 Problems Surface

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Yesterday Samsung announced that about half of all recalled Note 7 devices had been replaced. This was good news on the surface, but it seems that Samsung may not be out of the water yet even as they prepare to ship the next half of recalled devices to consumers in the coming days. There have been several reports that the new version 2.0 Galaxy Note 7 devices are turning up with new problems.

I have even seen some of you state that the new Note 7 is not charging properly. One person reported that the Note 7 loses charge while charging if the phone is in use. This is not how it should be. Normally your phone would quick charge and would slowly charge while the phone is in use. It seems that Samsung may have implemented some throttling on the charge process in certain situations.

Others are reporting overheating issues when charging. Samsung has reassured us that the new overheating problem is not related to the battery, and is not dangerous. Could these new issues be the nail in the Note 7's coffin?

kjumper187

Reaction score
I mentioned to my wife on Friday, the battery is draining much fast than the other. Also, while charging, it said my phone is draining faster than it can charge. I chalked up the latter as me trying to dial in my new Note.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
No issues, not hot when charging, battery on new unit appears to be better than the first.

Sent from my New Note 7

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
Battery is definitely charging slower and lasting less long. Not awful but noticeable and it does get quite warm while charging. The original one was ice cold the whole time. With that said it is still the best phone I have ever used bar none (even considering my beloved Note 4)

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
Discharging while connected to a charger is not a new thing for ANY phone. Depending on what you are doing you can consume more current that the charger is delivering. This constitutes a situation where you are draining the battery while plugged in. It drains slower but this is a very possible situation. Try playing a graphics intensive game at high brightness. That will probably do it on most phones.

kiwiguy

Reaction score
I even was losing battery while plugged in an just browsing the internet

I also noticed that over the weekend - I was plugged in using the charger and browsing the internet - and the battery kept going down. On my original Note 7, I would be able to charge it while using it.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I also noticed that over the weekend - I was plugged in using the charger and browsing the internet - and the battery kept going down. On my original Note 7, I would be able to charge it while using it.
It's quite possible that the new batteries, being of a different design actually charge slower which would cause that. Another possibility is that the new phones have a modified OS which actually shows down the charging rate compared to the first version phones with defective batteries, simply as a further precaution to be extra careful with the new batteries. It could even be a combination of the two. It could also be somewhat of a placebo effect but I doubt it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk