Samsung to Launch Apology Ad Over Galaxy Note 7 Recall!

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
AEN20160913009500320_01_i.jpg

Samsung Announced the unprecedented global recall of the Note 7 on Sept 2 after complaints of battery overheating and fires starting while charging, and promising to give customers replacement in a timely fashion. Samsung will have an upcoming ad that plans to say: " We apologize for causing discomfort and concern to our customers. All Samsung employees will do our best to resolve problems."

Source

Last edited by a moderator:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
This is another feather in Samsung's scorched cap. Admitting a fault, apologizing for it, committing to fix it, and making reparations. This is the hallmark of a quality person/company.

Bravo, Samsung.

R

RETG

Wasn't the apology only issued in Korean papers, with no immediate plans (known) to release the apology in other countries such as the USA?
As for the recall, was an "official" recall actually issued in the USA?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Wasn't the apology only issued in Korean papers, with no immediate plans (known) to release the apology in other countries such as the USA?
As for the recall, was an "official" recall actually issued in the USA?

You may be right regarding the apology as the article appears to be from a Korean news source. There has been no specific mention that these apology ads will be running in the US that I can find. Further support of that observation is that the update being discussed, which would limit charging to 60% of capacity is being touted as only for units overseas.

There is some question as to whether the charging update would be "forcibly" placed on existing units overseas, which lends credibility to my claim that they would need a court order to issue an earlier rumored update intended to "brick" the phones in the US. That earlier rumor however has been debunked by Samsung anyway.

As for the recall, it is an official Samsung global recall, but not an official CPSC recall so there is some truth in that observation as well. CPSC is in the process of preparing to release their own recall.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

shockracer

Reaction score
I give Samsung big kudos for being upfront and taking this big of a step! I dont think any other company would have done this and more than likely done a case by case assessment.