[RECOVERY] New Touch-Enabled ClockworkMod Recovery Alpha Released For The Galaxy Nexus

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
This is pretty sweet!!! Some of you may have noticed that navigating in CWM can be a chore due to the touchy volume rocker. Well now we have touch screen controls for CWM. Also has a larger font for us older folks whose vision just isn't what it used to be.

What's the hottest thing to hit custom recoveries since, well... custom recoveries hit? Your fingers! That's right, touch-based recoveries (like TWRP) are starting to make the rounds on various devices, and Android modder Nathan Grebowiec just released the first version of Touch-Enabled ClockworkMod Recovery for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus (both GSM and LTE variants).

The interface design is all-around practical, as it uses on screen buttons just like ICS. Have a look:

[video=youtube;j9NavH33ohY]http://youtu.be/j9NavH33ohY[/video]

ClockworkMod Touch is available for download now, but remember that this is just an alpha version. Thus, you can't expect everything to work perfectly and may experience some bugs. If you want to give it a shot, head right here to grab the download.

Source Android Police

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I'm definitly looking forward to a final release for this :biggrin:

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I love having the GN. Can't wait until it's further along.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Arggggg! What am I doing wrong? I download the file. Boot into fastboot. Point to my fastboot folder and then send the recovery to my phone. It says it sends just fine. I then try to boot into my recovery and my original clockwork is still there. Tried this twice.

Edit: Finally got it! Re-downloaded the file and tried it. Amazing what a simple re-download will fix.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'll be looking forward to future development of this :)

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Same here tp, very cool :biggrin:

Thanks for posting it here Garemlin

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This will be great if it allows you to rename your backups. I don't remember what I did an hour ago, much less what backup I made last week. Every one I have backed up failed the MD5 check.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Htown315

Reaction score
This will be great if it allows you to rename your backups. I don't remember what I did an hour ago, much less what backup I made last week. Every one I have backed up failed the MD5 check.

I usually just rename the backup folder in root explorer after a new backup. I renamed one on my og via rom manager and it screwed up the md5.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Sweet, I am looking forward to this. I overshoot my target, and then disable the back button from time to time in stock CWM.

WPThunder25

Reaction score
I don't understand how to install this. I am in fastboot but I don't know where to go from here. Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Artimis

Reaction score

Your backups should all be under /sdcard/clockworkmod/backups. You can rename them manually using any file explorer program you want.

Or are you suggesting the ability to specify a backup name prior to backing up while in recovery (like ROM manager allows)?