[RECOVERY] New Touch-Enabled ClockworkMod Recovery Alpha Released For The Galaxy Nexus

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't understand how to install this. I am in fastboot but I don't know where to go from here. Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Just follow pretty much the same directions when you unlocked and rooted your phone. Connect your phone in fastboot, open up the command prompt, point to your fastboot folder, then type "fastboot flash recovery "name of your recovery download".img (no quotes)

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Your backups should all be under /sdcard/clockworkmod/backups. You can rename them manually using any file explorer program you want.

Or are you suggesting the ability to specify a backup name prior to backing up while in recovery (like ROM manager allows)?

I've never used CW before this phone. The OG was SPR and then RZR. You could name your backups when you made them, or remains them afterwards. I've always used the format name-kernel.zip, so I could test different roms and kernels easily. Trying to rename a backup with CW fails the MD5 check on install. I haven't had time to play with it and see if there's a work around though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

lazarus2297

Reaction score
I have been using this for the past couple of days trying different kernels and this thing is wonderful... the standard version was always overshooting my options and super annoying this has been great so far!!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Thought I would come in here and bump this. Currently using Beta 5 and it is working really well for me.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
For those who don't know these guys released an installer app to the market - the whole install/download process can be done from the phone

It's called CWMR Touch Installer :)

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Thanks tp, didn't think to mention that :crazy: