[RECOVERY] New Touch-Enabled ClockworkMod Recovery Alpha Released For The Galaxy Nexus

GoBears

Reaction score
That's a driver issue. While your connected in boot loader mode, open device manager and manually select your adb driver. You'll be good to go.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

jayxpx

Reaction score
That's a driver issue. While your connected in boot loader mode, open device manager and manually select your adb driver. You'll be good to go.

That was easy...thank you kindly!

GoBears

Reaction score
Sure thing. That's what we're here for :)

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
used the galaxy nexus root toolkit from here Wug's Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit thanks for the help guys.DancingNexus

Download the file to your computer, and move it to the data folder in Wug's toolkit. Should be C:\Wugs_GnexRootToolkit\data

Navigate to the data folder.

Hold shift, right click and select "open command prompt here"

Boot your phone to fast boot (most roms have that option, if not, press and hold vol+ and vol- while booting.

At the command prompt, type the following:
fastboot flash recovery cwmr_touch_beta5_toro.img

After the recovery has been flashed, type the following:
fastboot reboot

ENJOY!!!

PS: cwmr_touch_beta5_toro.img is the name of the recovery file you downloaded, and is current as of posting. If it updates, change the file name to correspond with what ever you downloaded, ie: cwmr_touch_beta5.5_toro.img or cwmr_touch_beta6_toro.img, etc.

Reaction score
Download the file to your computer, and move it to the data folder in Wug's toolkit. Should be C:\Wugs_GnexRootToolkit\data

Navigate to the data folder.

Hold shift, right click and select "open command prompt here"

Boot your phone to fast boot (most roms have that option, if not, press and hold vol+ and vol- while booting.

At the command prompt, type the following:
fastboot flash recovery cwmr_touch_beta5_toro.img

After the recovery has been flashed, type the following:
fastboot reboot

ENJOY!!!

PS: cwmr_touch_beta5_toro.img is the name of the recovery file you downloaded, and is current as of posting. If it updates, change the file name to correspond with what ever you downloaded, ie: cwmr_touch_beta5.5_toro.img or cwmr_touch_beta6_toro.img, etc.

Used these exact instructions with no luck?? it says cant find file path.....and it's in the data folder... all i did was change the version number to 5.8.0.2 the most current available...what am i doing wrong??

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Used these exact instructions with no luck?? it says cant find file path.....and it's in the data folder... all i did was change the version number to 5.8.0.2 the most current available...what am i doing wrong??
The version number is 5.8.0.2, but the file is the beta5_toro.img file.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Reaction score
The version number is 5.8.0.2, but the file is the beta5_toro.img file.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Okay this is what i typed>fastboot flash cwmr_touch_beta5_.img

an this is what it says...cannot determine image filename for cwmr_touch_beta5_toro.img

So what am i doing wrong now?

this is the exact name of the file that was downloaded>recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.0.2-toro (and it is an .img file)

GoBears

Reaction score
Forgot a word. >fastboot flash recovery <file name>

SniperDroid

Reaction score
I paid money for this...

When I tell you I'm willing to spend my hard earned, American Green Backs for anything I can easly steal, you need to be impressed... I paid real money for this... 'cuz it's worth it!