[RECOVERY] New Touch-Enabled ClockworkMod Recovery Alpha Released For The Galaxy Nexus

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Yeah it is nice not over-shooting the function you want by like 3 lines :icon_ lala:

alucard9114

Reaction score
Just follow pretty much the same directions when you unlocked and rooted your phone. Connect your phone in fastboot, open up the command prompt, point to your fastboot folder, then type "fastboot flash recovery "name of your recovery download".img (no quotes)

Makes no sense at all.what is fast boot? where is command prompt?Fastboot folder? then type "fastboot flash recovery "name of your recovery download".img?

alucard9114

Reaction score
Arggggg! What am I doing wrong? I download the file. Boot into fastboot. Point to my fastboot folder and then send the recovery to my phone. It says it sends just fine. I then try to boot into my recovery and my original clockwork is still there. Tried this twice.

Edit: Finally got it! Re-downloaded the file and tried it. Amazing what a simple re-download will fix.

where is this fastboot folder? how do you get into fastboot?is it the bootloader?if so how do you get to the folder?i have 3 optionss start,recovery,restart

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
where is this fastboot folder? how do you get into fastboot?is it the bootloader?if so how do you get to the folder?i have 3 optionss start,recovery,restart

If you're not familiar with ADB, the directions are clear as mud. I'll try to help.

1. Make sure you have ADB set up correctly on your computer - you'll need this to flash the touch clockwork over the existing clockwork. Follow this guide exactly. Only do the section for a windows computer.
2. Download the touch recovery to your computer, extract it and copy it inside the "platform-tools" folder found within your "android-sdk-windows" folder on the root of your C drive on your computer.
3. Connect your phone and computer together.
4. From within the "platform-tools" folder, hold shift + right click, then select "open command window here."
5. Type: adb reboot bootloader; type enter and this will reboot into the bootloader
6. Now type: fastboot flash recovery cwmr_touch_beta5_toro.img; type enter and this will flash the new clockwork; you'll get a message in the bottom of the bootloader
7. Lastly, type: fastboot reboot; this will reboot your phone
8. Test the new clockwork by booting into recovery as you normally would

Good luck!

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Makes no sense at all.what is fast boot? where is command prompt?Fastboot folder? then type "fastboot flash recovery "name of your recovery download".img?

FYI - this is fastboot:

GalaxyNexusFastboot_Bootloader_Mode.jpg

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sbenson took care of you. The directions I gave to another poster were not specific instructions because he/she seemed familiar with ADB and fast boot.

How did you root and unlock without using either? Did you use Wug's toolkit? If so, you could just download the Toro img in the OP and flash the recovery through Wug's toolkit.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sbenson took care of you. The directions I gave to another poster were not specific instructions because he/she seemed familiar with ADB and fast boot.

How did you root and unlock without using either? Did you use Wug's toolkit? If so, you could just download the Toro img in the OP and flash the recovery through Wug's toolkit.

He may have used my tutorial which would explain the confusion. Mine basically has an all-in-one package that has a work around so that you don't have to set up ADB.

Alucard9114: Basically, if you want to flash this recovery, install and set up ADB. It's simple and takes just a couple minutes.

alucard9114

Reaction score
If you're not familiar with ADB, the directions are clear as mud. I'll try to help.

1. Make sure you have ADB set up correctly on your computer - you'll need this to flash the touch clockwork over the existing clockwork. Follow this guide exactly. Only do the section for a windows computer.
2. Download the touch recovery to your computer, extract it and copy it inside the "platform-tools" folder found within your "android-sdk-windows" folder on the root of your C drive on your computer.
4. From within the "platform-tools" folder, hold shift + right click, then select "open command window here."
5. Type: adb reboot bootloader; type enter and this will reboot into the bootloader
6. Now type: fastboot flash recovery cwmr_touch_beta5_toro.img; type enter and this will flash the new clockwork; you'll get a message in the bottom of the bootloader

Good luck!

man been flashing rooting phones for a few getting this .img file on my phone is going over my head.I have been using ADB tons for my vizio vtab and this is greek.????????????????

alucard9114

Reaction score

used the galaxy nexus root toolkit from here Wug's Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit thanks for the help guys.DancingNexus

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
is this still an alpha? or is it pretty safe to get on the phone

It's up to beta 5 now. I have been using it for a little over a week flashing etc and it is working flawlessly for me.

jayxpx

Reaction score

Good luck!

I cant for the life of me figure out what im doing wrong...i have adb recognizing my device and it will reboot into bootloader for me...my file is named touchtuna...so i am typing fastboot flash recovery touchtuna.img and it just says "waiting for device" everytime. What am i missing? i have never had problems with fastboot on any of my other devices!