New tb owners!!!

CsonkaBear

Reaction score
Finally got to show this thing off today.

I stopped in to our local Verizon "authorized dealer" which is 2 miles from where I live. It's convenient, but they never have the latest and greatest. I usually go to a Verizon "Store" which takes me much longer to get in and out.

I had a simple question: Do you guys have any accessories for the Thunderbolt? Answer: No.

Then I whipped it out and showed them what I was interested in. These two guys said "We haven't even seen one yet".

I handed it to them and the oooh's and ahhh's were fun to witness. The one guy had a Droid X and he said "I was thinking about one of these. You just sold me". He said they should have them next week.

When I did a speed test and showed them the upload/download speed (just under 20mbps both ways" they kept saying "That's sick". It made my day.

Last edited:

mitchb2

Reaction score
My Droid 1 took a crap on me so I got one from the Verizon Store today....I love it!

Isn't it sweet? ! So snappy.
I just realized if you long press on a word it magnifies it so you can move the cursor. Cool!

Anyone know if the led is capable of other colors?
I loved being able to see green, red, purple on the D1 and know what it meant.

Sethman29

Reaction score
haha yeah i know this thing is going to take nearly a month for me to figure everything out!! and im fairly good with electronics. i opened up the gps earlier and was like how the hell do you control this thing lol

CsonkaBear

Reaction score
I have been busy getting it set up like my old phone and transferring files. In the last two weeks I've gone from a Moto Droid 1 to an Incredible to a Thunderbolt.

Wife gladly took the Incredible. Moving four phones worth of stuff around has cut down on my play time a little bit, but I'm having a blast.

I worked six days this week so today is my day to play with the Bolt. :icon_ banana:

tu3218

Reaction score
My Droid 1 took a crap on me so I got one from the Verizon Store today....I love it!

Isn't it sweet? ! So snappy.
I just realized if you long press on a word it magnifies it so you can move the cursor. Cool!

Anyone know if the led is capable of other colors?
I loved being able to see green, red, purple on the D1 and know what it meant.

I'm also curious about the LED. As of now you can't change it but its gotta be capable of other colors. Its red when battery is almost dead, orange when charging, and green when finished. Just for some reason we can't change it right now. Really dumb but hopefully someone comes up with a way.

jlambeth1

Reaction score
I think it has the same LED configuration as the LED on the Incredible which, from what I've read, is a cheaper LED than the Motorola's have. The cheaper ones only allow two colors. I've tried using Blink LED to change mine but it is a no go. I sure wish they would have spent the extra 50 cents and gone with the better LED. Other than this issue, I love my thunderbolt!

EdForsythe

Reaction score
Imo, the extended battery looks horrible. Like attaching a Borg Cube to a sleek Federation Starship... http://shop.htcpedia.com/images/detailed/htc-thunderbolt-extended-battery.jpg

I'd love 2750mAh.... but no way I'd accept that much of a bulk. The back doesn't slide out as well as the Droid I so an extra battery isn't really a solution for me.

I have turned off all the syncing. I expected just my Google account to be syncing but apparently there was a ton of other things. So hopefully that will help.
Ugh! *That's* beyond ugly. It's Hideous.:icon_eek:

wingdo

Reaction score
Imo, the extended battery looks horrible. Like attaching a Borg Cube to a sleek Federation Starship... http://shop.htcpedia.com/images/detailed/htc-thunderbolt-extended-battery.jpg

I'd love 2750mAh.... but no way I'd accept that much of a bulk. The back doesn't slide out as well as the Droid I so an extra battery isn't really a solution for me.

I have turned off all the syncing. I expected just my Google account to be syncing but apparently there was a ton of other things. So hopefully that will help.
Ugh! *That's* beyond ugly. It's Hideous.:icon_eek:

Dear lord that is beyond hideous. I can't see me EVER buying that even if the TB only gave me 4 hours life w/o it. Luckily battery life hasn't been dreadful, it's not as good as my D1 but the screen is a LOT larger and I know that eats up batteries. Looks like if I want a little more life I will have to get the seido battery which is the same size as the included battery. I'm just not sure if going from 1400 to 1600mah is worth $50 to me.

Side note, why is it HTC makes this thing which is BUTT ugly, but the extended battery for the D2 (and D1) is so much sleeker looking and doesn't extend that far from the body?