New tb owners!!!

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
I'm testing my battery today. I've undone all the syncing (which I didn't notice till it was mentioned yesterday). The Thunderbolt has craptons of syncing that is unnecessary. Stocks, News, Weather? 30 min facebook feeds? All that is off and set to 1 day. I'm also experimenting with manual brightness control just to see how long the battery will last. I wish the screen was a little more conservative, it errs on the side of too much brightness.

I'm one of those users that can't stand the Extended battery. I didn't buy this phone to be a brick, I bought it cuz I liked how sleek it was. Anyone looking at my hone with a brick sticking out of it's back is going to shudder. :p

Re the Prices --- It was $199 for me too online, not sure why. When I went into the store to get it last Thursday the rep quoted me $250. I have always seen prices online lower than in the store since the stores have to make $$$ somehow right? With the $20 early upgrade fee (4 months left in contract) and the California $70 tax, I paid about $320 for a 2 year contract.

geoff5093

Reaction score
^^ I agree, the screen is way too bright, especially at night. I wish you could offset it somehow.

KrautBurner

Reaction score
got mine last night
(Buh Bye BlackBerry Storm with Broken Screen)

so far, I'm really digging it.
but it's a learning curve.

picked mine up at a Verizon Store (not a mall kiosk)
paid $321 OTD with:
Extra Battery
Screen Protectors
Silicone Cover (may return)
and a Motorola Droid "Roadster" Bluetooth Speakerphone kit

oh yeah,
and the WA Sales Tax too

pjo1966

Reaction score
^^ I agree, the screen is way too bright, especially at night. I wish you could offset it somehow.

The automatic brightness does not work well at all. I remember having the same problem when I got my Droid 1. I don't recall what I did to fix it.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
I'm using manual brightness right now. But the HTC brightness widget uses the same brightness setting as automatic --- way too bright. The Android Power Bar has a 0%, 50% and 100% I believe. I wish I could make that 0% to stay at 10%. Wish I could just put the brightness bar on my home screen. lol.

pjo1966

Reaction score
Also, my personal dictionary did not transfer over from the Droid. I would think that would be something that would sync automatically.

catalyst11

Reaction score
Did everyone get 2 year contracts?

I bought 2 on my account online w/1 year contracts for $229.99 + tax = $247.xx each. 2 year contract for my account was $199.99. It must have been my work discount that gave me those prices. I thought for $30 more, I'll be able to upgrade in 10-12 months for the latest greatest and resell these Thunderbolts for most of the money back. Ordered 3-pack of screen protectors from handhelditems for $4.xx. Didn't realize there was free overnight shipping from VZW though so will have to wait to get them on Tuesday.

droid doctor

Reaction score
There's an app for if its to bright its called screen filter I use it at night so my phone doesn't hurt my eyes

Sent from my DROID2

want a droid

Reaction score
Battery: 77%

1h 54m 1s since unplugged
Display (61%) has been on for 26mins

I leave my brightness on low. Looks like I'll be in the market for an extended battery.

droiddon817

Reaction score
I paid 199 in store. Plus case with 25% off

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

Kack

Reaction score
Did everyone get 2 year contracts?

I bought 2 on my account online w/1 year contracts for $229.99 + tax = $247.xx each. 2 year contract for my account was $199.99. It must have been my work discount that gave me those prices. I thought for $30 more, I'll be able to upgrade in 10-12 months for the latest greatest and resell these Thunderbolts for most of the money back. Ordered 3-pack of screen protectors from handhelditems for $4.xx. Didn't realize there was free overnight shipping from VZW though so will have to wait to get them on Tuesday.

thats a great price. congrats. yea the 1 year for me was a no brainer. i sold my d2 for 250 and the total for my tbolt was like 90 bux. so in a year when i upgrade ill sell my tbolt and hopefully make some profit for the new phone.

Z06_Mir

Reaction score
I paid 284 out the door with case and screen protectors. I got the phone for 210 with my ne2 and the. Case was 20 screen protectors were 10th or so and the rest was tax and crappy like that. Stupid Arizona has 9% sales tax! I'm on a business plan, not sure that makes a difference.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

Kack

Reaction score
After i finish all my lawn work and house cleaning today i will venture out and buy a case and stop by the zagg to see if they have a shield for it yet. i love the smoothness of the screen but im in construction so i need to protect it i cant have a naked phone like all the suit wearing office people.

geoff5093

Reaction score
I would have looked at a 1 year plan, but I'd rather be guaranteed to have 2 years of unlimited 4G.