New tb owners!!!

peterjariel

Reaction score
i would pass on them and just get the extended or a extra regular battery..... my 2 cents but i just dont like off the wall stuff haha they look really cheep

Ya I know they r cheap, and I dont expect them to last long I would just need them for back up. I might not even use them much if any I just want to make sure that I wont be left with out a charge.
I just want to know if they are going to fit.

kparks

Reaction score
i would pass on them and just get the extended or a extra regular battery..... my 2 cents but i just dont like off the wall stuff haha they look really cheep

Ya I know they r cheap, and I dont expect them to last long I would just need them for back up. I might not even use them much if any I just want to make sure that I wont be left with out a charge.
I just want to know if they are going to fit.
not sure i dont even have the thunderbolt im just lurkin around haha..... but i would use the phone for like a week and ether get a extra standard battery or a extended battery if your constantly running low depends how your usage is

Arsonman

Reaction score
I tried looking through all 35 pages, but I was wondering about my apps that I have downloaded on my D2. The only apps that have reappeared on my TB are my paid apps. Do I have to reload all the others. I have had the TB activated for seven hours. I'm just wondering if it will take longer to load from google.​

Kack

Reaction score
I tried looking through all 35 pages, but I was wondering about my apps that I have downloaded on my D2. The only apps that have reappeared on my TB are my paid apps. Do I have to reload all the others. I have had the TB activated for seven hours. I'm just wondering if it will take longer to load from google.​

i used the vzw backup assistant and backed up right before i activated the tb then ran it on the tb and boom 120 or so apps appeared paid and free.

Jacquiroze

Reaction score
i just hung up the phone and can't hold any items for the thunderbolt... can't hold the shell/holster combo, black hi gloss silicone case or anything like that. urg! why do i have to be at work right now? i'm literally glaring at the clock waiting for it to say 3pm so i can run out of the building. if my local store doesn't have it i'm trying 2 other stores before giving up for the day.

what does everyone think of the thunderbolt so far? is htcsense.com able to connect with the phone? how is the fastboot feature?

Fast boot works great.. You have to turn it on in the settings, but man IT FLIES on the boot. . at work so haven't tried sense.com.. going to work on that later.. 4G speeds so far average of 5 test.. 6 MB sec DL and 30 yes thirty MB sec upload..

Would someone mind explaining Fast boot?

CsonkaBear

Reaction score
At 12:12 p.m. I got my Thunderbolt. Holy Guacamole, what a phone!!!

I spent the better part of the day switching my recently purchased Incredible over to my wife's account. (we both came from Moto Droid 1's).

Unfortunately I didn't get to spend nearly the amount of time with my Bolt as I wanted to (If Mama ain't happy), but the time I did spend was awesome.

Blazing speeds, incredible audio and video. Not too big and heavy (which was my main concern) and much easier on the old eyeballs.

This phone is a "Keeper". I am amazed. It is not overhyped. HTC & Verizon delivered. dancedroid:icon_ banana:

kparks

Reaction score
The SAR on this phone is rated at 1.2w/kg) just to let u guys know :) im pretty excited about this not to high at all

mark3748

Reaction score
i just hung up the phone and can't hold any items for the thunderbolt... can't hold the shell/holster combo, black hi gloss silicone case or anything like that. urg! why do i have to be at work right now? i'm literally glaring at the clock waiting for it to say 3pm so i can run out of the building. if my local store doesn't have it i'm trying 2 other stores before giving up for the day.

what does everyone think of the thunderbolt so far? is htcsense.com able to connect with the phone? how is the fastboot feature?

Fast boot works great.. You have to turn it on in the settings, but man IT FLIES on the boot. . at work so haven't tried sense.com.. going to work on that later.. 4G speeds so far average of 5 test.. 6 MB sec DL and 30 yes thirty MB sec upload..

Would someone mind explaining Fast boot?

Fast boot keeps the OS in memory, when you turn the phone off it will actually go into a very low-power sleep mode.

replicant

Reaction score
i'm pretty stoked about my new 'bolt also.

so far, only gripes would be what several folks have pointed out.. the resolution isn't conducive to the size of the screen; it's like looking at a 640x480 resolution on a display capable of 1600x1200 (4:3).

anyway, its still 100% better than my OG droid.

maybe once we get full perma-root WITH recovery/s-off we can install lcd density changer app and try to make better use of those pixels. that or just be able to install smaller fonts to use.

i guess it is kind of irking me that its not as good a display/resolution/density as i was originally anticipating. /rantofficiallyover

everything else about it is friggin awesome.

peterjariel

Reaction score
I asked this before but no answer. does anyone know how to only have 3 screens insted of 7

Arsonman

Reaction score

i used the vzw backup assistant and backed up right before i activated the tb then ran it on the tb and boom 120 or so apps appeared paid and free.

Well it is too late for that, lol.

tu3218

Reaction score
So I finally put the several downsides of this phone away and bought it. Its amazing!! One question though, my texts aren't showing up on my lock screen now. Is that because I'm using handcent and turned the regular sms notification off?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

pjo1966

Reaction score
I went back to the Verizon store to get a car mount. This was the only one they had, so I got it. I'm not entirely impressed. Up to now I had a beanbag mount that was pretty solid. There was no great place in my 2011 Civic to mount on the the windshield, and I think that's still illegal in CA. I mounted it on the dash using the adhesive. I was a little leery because there's no flat surface big enough to cover the entire base, but that seems to be stable. My problem is that since the arm is longer than what I'm used to, the phone bounces a lot while I'm driving. One the plus side, I love that the power cable plugs into the mount, saving a step when moving the phone in and out of the dock.

htc_thunderbolt_windo_mount.png