New screen = SUCKS

slaya786

Reaction score
Hey so my one month old droid incredible started having problems. The headphone jack stopped working. So I got a warrenty replacement (brand new, not refurb) and I guess I got the new screen everyone's talking about...

All I have to say is it is HORRIBLE in comparison to the older samsung screens. Completely washed out, "pink"ish looking.

I'm so sad :(

Reaction score
That's odd everyone I've heard talk about it says its better my incredible has been in use since two days before it came out so I have the older one but I haven't seen the new one but I love mine

craighwk

Reaction score
I think it's a great screen. No issues with it at all, except for maybe in sunlight.

OP
S

slaya786

Reaction score
Side by side my old screen was MUCH better.. this screen seems to be on par with the original droid, which is fine.. but the original dinc screen was amazing.

tktouch12

Reaction score
if i have my screen at anything less than half brightness all blacks are very pinkish or purpleish. im very dissapointed. its worse than my old moto droid. i was wondering if i just got a bad phone (this is a refurb) but i guess not :(

inessi

Reaction score
New screen? You mean the ones that HTC announced they weren't going to use?

Golf clap

zMd113

Reaction score
They're still using AMOLED screens so you must have gotten another bad DROID.

jamjr74

Reaction score
I bought my DI on release day and just had it replaced with a new refurb. My screen looks great and might actually be better then my original. I do notice that on my original when the screen was off I could see tiny little dots under the glass when I tilted the phone just right, my new screen does not have this! Not sure if this is an indication that I have a different screen type then before.

lewblue83

Reaction score
Yea like there others said. There is no new screen.

Placebo effect?

tktouch12

Reaction score
Wait so every incredible has an amoled scree? Cuz I have a refurb and at low brightness the screen severely washes out and black is pinkish

Couldn't be horizons anti glare screen protector I have?

tktouch12

Reaction score
Wait so every incredible has an amoled scree? Cuz I have a refurb and at low brightness the screen severely washes out and black is pinkish

Could it be Verizon's anti glare screen protector I have?

Last edited:

Cameron_s

Reaction score
They did not change screens, they are still the same samsung amoled. They considered changing them but did not. Return the "pinkish" one for a new one.

Shankster

Reaction score
They did not change screens, they are still the same samsung amoled. They considered changing them but did not. Return the "pinkish" one for a new one.

Yeah......What he said :icon_eek:

inessi

Reaction score
No artards, I have the two phone in front of me, there is a very clear difference. Not a placebo effect...

They might still be using amoled screens but that doesn't mean they are the same.. All screens a different. A Sony LCD vs a Samsung LCD side by side will have a difference.. Common sense artard..

Watch your mouth boy, there all still amoled you just got a bad one take it back no more crying