Replacement Incredible; Different Screen?

dbu

Reaction score
Yeh, the AMOLED was much sharper...on this SLCD screen, I can see the antialiasing much more clearly...sucks. Verizon and Asurion was no help; I'll probably buy one off eBay and then sell the new one w/ SLCD.

I've read arguments for both sides too this evening. Some think one over the other is better. I've now had both and would much rather have the AMOLED.

If you have the box, see if the number on the top right of the sticker matches yours, if it does you for sure have an slcd.

http://tinyurl.com/27xm5py

Sent from under your mom's bed

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Also as of right now the recovery img from the unrevoked tool does not work on the Slcd. I have the proper file but if you decide to root it please let me know. And Koush is working on it.

OP
C

C4talyst

Reaction score
Thanks for the pic w/ SKU, it's definitely the SLCD...as soon as I turned it on I could tell the difference...I can see the pixels on this one; last screen was smoother/sharper. Bleh...

dbu

Reaction score
Thanks for the pic w/ SKU, it's definitely the SLCD...as soon as I turned it on I could tell the difference...I can see the pixels on this one; last screen was smoother/sharper. Bleh...

That's what's weird to me. The screen on my d1 is noticeably sharper vs the AMOLED on my dinc. Oh well, to each his own I suppose.

Sent from under your mom's bed

OP
C

C4talyst

Reaction score
Me too, driving me nuts...I think I'm going to buy another one w/ the AMOLED screen and compare the two, then sell one of them.

OP
C

C4talyst

Reaction score
In my initial fury, I fired off an email to the President of HTC North America. I'm pretty good at getting these email addresses, hehehe. I have a brand-new replacement Incredible w/ AMOLED coming to me direct from HTC now. I will compare the two screens and keep one.

I frankly can't believe they're doing this for me. Good folks over there...

Last edited:

dbu

Reaction score
In my initial fury, I fired off an email to the President of HTC North America. I'm pretty good at getting these email addresses, hehehe. I have a brand-new replacement Incredible w/ AMOLED coming to me direct from HTC now. I will compare the two screens and keep one.

I frankly can't believe they're doing this for me. Good folks over there...

Like I said,all you have to do is talk to the right person. If you wouldn't mind,if you could pm me that email address that would be awesome. I too have some unresolved issues.

OP
C

C4talyst

Reaction score
I usually search for other employee email addresses so I can see the format in use, like [email protected], etc. Then I'll fire off a blind email using the CEO's name.

I've gotten through to Michael Dell, Meg Whitman and the CEO's of Comcast and Wachovia bank this way. The things that we have to haggle with Tier 1 support folks over are resolved with the snap of a finger at the executive level.

:)

techguru

Reaction score
Verizon executive escalations desk is really good too. I'll try to find the link and add to this thread, but you can get there if you start on the contact page. You won't actually talk to the exec, but an advanced agent with the ability to make things happen and a high account credit limit.

drtnsnw

Reaction score
why don't you send an email off to him to get this stupid battery issue fixed next!!! I would love to see that reply

CHris

mttj

Reaction score
lucky me, I guess...

weird- when I replaced my droid incredible I had no problem. Now my iphone, on the other hand...:icon_ nono2:

Last edited by a moderator:

RyanPm40

Reaction score
I wonder... does the SLCD have better battery life? I heard the AMOLEDS drain the hell out of the battery.