New OS update SUCKS!

HunnyBun88

Reaction score
If anyone of importance is reading this, PLEASE CHANGE IT BACK! The new version is ugly! I like the b&w it was.

Does anyone know how to change it.

Also, its not autocorrecting my words like its supposed to. >:-(

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
If anyone of importance is reading this, PLEASE CHANGE IT BACK! The new version is ugly! I like the b&w it was.

Yeah, you can go back to the last OS (Froyo), but there is probably a better way to get what you want. It is always a good idea to have the latest OS and updates on your phone rather than a older version of the OS...for support and bug fixes. A solution for you may be to download and install a theme from the market...there are a number of them that will change the appearance of your screens. A theme coupled with maybe a different launcher like ADW or Launcher Pro, there are a couple others, also available on the market will give you even more options for the appearance of your screens. If you don't like those ideas then you can sbf back to Froyo. But, in my opinion, that is not the best option. As for spelling recommendation, check the settings in your message app and your email app. When you updated it might have changed the settings to "don't recommend".

Last edited:

nutpn

Reaction score
have you tried cyanogen mod 7 newest 2.3.7

Dont know if you are into it and all ,but in this forum in droid pro hacks section there is cyanogen mod 7 with newest 2.3.7 and its pretty good ,got a few bugs ,but they workin them out,also there is other steps to get it loaded,jackpot has it defined in the cyanogenmod article with a link to his update,I like it cause
tether works,and its customizable.

bdemaria

Reaction score
Please change it back!

Having lots of issues w/ "upgrade" too! It sucks & I hate it!

Called Verizon right away & only way for them to troubleshoot is from another phone so hoping to do later today.

Not auto spacing, auto Capping, not following any of the settings. Also, touchscreen seems terribly un or dis-calibrated.

Music coming on spontaneously, voice thru car adaptor cable muted, terrible sound quality for incoming sound.

Per tech support, phone can be re-set to original factory settings. Need to back up texts first if you want to keep. Free app for that.
Remove SD card BEFORE doing hard re-set.

Good luck

Timar99

Reaction score
I gotta say only having some minor bugs...but overall dig the update, looks much better...again maybe im nuts